1975 All Over Again

by Sour Grapes 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Concerning the building project prepartion for the next 4 years Brother Morris

said that "we are now working on next years district assemblies progams

and next years circuit assemblies and since we do not know the day

or the hour we have to prepare for the future but in the near future

the work that we did the previous year for prepartion will not have

been necessary." He really put the fear of God into the group.

Can anyone say cult?

Sour Grapes

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I remember them saying this at almost every assembly I ever went to.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Can anyone say cult?"

CULT!

I knew Tony when he first got called into Patterson. Nice enough guy, happy, smiling. Superficial stuff like that. Didn't strike me as a deep thinker, or very bright though. It's just repeating the same lines they've used for the last 120 years.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"if you are not doing the Weekly Family Worship night that Jehovah gave to you"

Blasphemous fools.

very offensive.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah Sacolton -

I did a thread on how the FDS puts words into Gods mouth.

Aword for word quote from a Witchtower of 1943.

HB

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

They are the mouth piece of god in their own little minds but hey so are the thousand or so out there.

The business of religion continues !

Wish I could run a tax free business like that.

Anybody want to start a religious publishing house ? $n God We Trust

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The chronology of 1975 has a new conversion date based on some reasonable assumptions in regards to the 6000 years of man's existence. That's one thing the WTS doesn't bring up any more. This is a fundamental concept that if Christ is to rule for 1000 years within the last 7th Creative Day, which is 7000 years long, then we've run out of time in 1975.

But there are corrections. For one, the Exodus archaeologically occurs much later. The fall of Jericho by Joshua is dated between 1350-1325 BCE which means the Exodus 40 years later occurs at the end of the reign of Amenhotep III. Secular history via Manetho had always identified the Exodus at this time. Further, now that 1947 has occurred, if it truly marks the 70th jubilee week from 1947-1996 then we have a critical new absolute date for the Exodus in 1386 BCE. This date agrees with archaeology, Bible history and Bible chronology and even can be set by an astronomical text, the KTU 1.78.

JWs use their own timeline to date the Exodus to 1513 BCE which even RC14 dating from Jericho proves is way too early. Thus with 127 years of extra time to deal with, a new date relating to the 6000 years is now in place. It is not absolute, but it takes into consideration reasonable adjustments, the result being a conversion of 1975 to none other than 2011 AD. But this is speculative. Here's the video showing the details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ALN7NVurO8

LS

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Can someone tell me what Family Worship Night is? Is this something new. I have been out about 7 years now.

Is this in addition to the two week night meetings the book study (now called bible study), and Ministry School/Service Meeting, or does this night replace one of the above? Thanks.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The "End is here" yet again!

I went through it in the1975 saga, then again in 1986 when 'year of peace' was declared by the UN, again in the late 90s going into Y2K; now even the world is kind of mistified by the year 2012, so I imagine the Org will jump in the doomsday craze too.

Been through so many 'last days' talks and attitudes that I just turn a deaf ear to it; many do the same too, very tired of the Society crying wolf.

DY

• Heaven
    Heaven

"if you are not doing the Weekly Family Worship night that Jehovah gave to you"

So what happens if you don't have any family to study with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit