1975 All Over Again

by Sour Grapes 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The chronology of 1975 has a new conversion date based on some reasonable assumptions in regards to the 6000 years of man's existence

Man has been around for MORE than 6000 years, like Happy guy said, and there is lots of evidence that human CULTURE is far older than 6000 years.

• Walkin
    Walkin

So sad. It contnues, on and on, round and round. The never ending story of do more if you want to be saved.

Walkin

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

cantleave,

Thank you for your response.

I can't imagine combining 3 meetings into one. That must be one looooooong snooze fest.

For those still in;

10 things you can do with your "free" night supplied by the WT;

1. Take a college Class

2. Work some extra hours for more $$$

3. Spend some time getting to know your worldly family and friends better

5. join us on this forum for real WT instruction

6. Read Crisis of Conscience

7. Read the bible itself in its context

8. Take your kids to see a movie

9. Attend services at another church

10. Do anything else not on this list you always wanted to do

but didn't have time.

Oh and one more thing for family heads, make sure you count your time for all the above. Just think how Jehovah will bless you for all your effort!

Glad to be out.........Peace to all, Lilly

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Concerning the 6,000 year BS, any person with a brain knows that the

creative days could not be 7,000 years long, which would be a total of

49,000 years after the 1,000 year reign of Jesus.

Just look at oil or petroleum. Oil is made from hydrocarbons which are

ancient plants and animals that were exposed to the combined effects

of time and temperature deep in the bowels of the earth. This organic

soup was cooked and now we have oil. This process would have taken

hundreds of thousands of years.

Sour Grapes

• besty
    besty

Please please please can the GB grow one - just one - ball between them all - and set another date for Armageddon.

If they could set another date I would be so happy.

I wouldn't even care if it was 2034 or even further out.

I love seeing idiots in suspense for an idiotic reason

Seeing idiots in suspense for no reason is not anything like as much fun to watch, so come on GB - whatya waiting for?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I love seeing idiots in suspense for an idiotic reason

Seeing idiots in suspense for no reason is not anything like as much fun to watch, so come on GB - whatya waiting for?

It may be alright to watch and be humored by all of this if you don't have any family involved but when you do

it can be somewhat depressing and bothersome.

Its quite perceivable though that these intellectually dishonest assholes in Brooklyn or wherever they are

are going to try and keep this idiocy going if not for anything but themselves, unfortunately.

( Idiots still lust for power, personal status, privilege and money )

• flipper
  • designs
    designs

Heaven- start preach'n to the Cat......

• yknot
    yknot

What I 'appreciated' about Bro. Morris' talk was........

The fact that topics and comments regularly seen on JWN ....keep creeping into WTS commentary

Yea right....Bro Morris 'overheard'....pish....more like Bethel Lurkers (yea you, you will join us too like those who had this 'privilege' before you).

The WTS knows what we say here.....is very often the private unspoken feelings of many R&F!

Lets consider the Pew Reports stats on retention of born/raised (37%)........ I a regular JWN poster, conscious class, non-donating, FS fudging person am part of that statistic!

Beyond that......I am sure the 'encouraging' comments and emails circulating are all just part of the automatic response that so many have been 'trained' from our youths to do. In fact I absolutely 'disgust' myself with the way I 'drivel' thecratese appreciative submissive commentary at such functions as CO visits, Special Talks, SPAD, CA or DC....... all in all it is just the indoctrination talking, the indoctrination to sound 'soooo spiritual'.

Georgiegirl..... they have already attempting to take the 'sting' out of 2014 passing like any other year. (see Barr's comments in the 2009 AGM Notes link below)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/182601/1/Notes-From-the-Annual-Meeting-Oct-3-2009

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I was born into this cult and I've heard this "end is near" my entire life. Nothing new at all. Though it seems every decade or so it goes through another phase of the Jihadist JWs getting louder, calling today "the last of the last days" or the "very end of the end of the last days." How many "end of the ends" can they put into one statement without the word "end" losing all significance?

The '90s generation change was a biggy and now I think we're witnessing the beginnings of the Society reeling out of control. The "love of the greater number is cooling off" as JWs by the thousands leave their cult of birth. The Memorial partakers continue to rise, and it's only a matter of time before that number reaches embarrassing levels. I mean, come on, after 2000 years of gathering Christ's (literal, of course) 144,000 brothers there are still better than 10,000 left alive!!! And the GB's fear of control loss is motivating them to print WT after WT filled to the brim with fear-mongering against independent study and rational thinking, using phrases like "God is only using us, not you" and "We are the light" and "Don't read the Bible, it's a dangerous thing, read our books instead" and "If you question us, you're questioning God, and you'll die at the big A for that."

This cult can't die quick enough...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit