I experienced in the early 1970's is returning and it just

makes me ill. Has any one else noticed that the Witnesses

are almost giddy with the thought that the end really

is near this time?

Sour Grapes

• yknot
    yknot

We haven't had our SPAD yet.......

I guess that is easier to sell then Bro.Barr's AGM commentary of what Jesus 'meant'......

I can't help but wonder if FWN might not just comeback and bit the WTS in the booty!.........I know many who are using the FWN as a platform for 'deeper studies' into ancient languages and other researching the WTS 'discourages'.

• dgp
    dgp

SourGrapes, you wrote "just because we have building projects projected for the next 4 years doesn't mean at all we have 4 years remaining".

May we take this to mean that the society is accepting that you never know what the future will bring, yet you have to use your eyes and prepare yourself for the future?

• pat1060
    pat1060

Yes,I have heard some of the talk.There is such a lack of meeting attendance and a falling away that I think they may be doing it just to get every one doing as they are told...they have to do something to get every one excited....I didn't go to the one day assembly,but I heard some talking......

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The GB members and other high hanking officials are nothing more than sales and marketing propagandists

that are being paid for by the organization to do just that. Turning up the the great scare of the great tribulation

and the in coming Armageddon is a self supporting/backroom intuitive that has in the past worked for the Corporation.

Could it be that the WTS has spent millions on their real estate building projects that they are trying to recuperate

some financial expenditures. Never dismiss the fact that money is a big apart of the driving force of this religious Publishing/

Real Estate Corporation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Much of that will start wearing off in a couple of weeks. There's nothing more real than reality.

Every family should make it a Family Study project to learn about survival from the example of Noah. Everydubby should make a passenger list of all the species that were on the ark and how much space was needed for their feed and how they would have gotten to remote areas of the world afterward. Also, it should be a Family Study project to be able to explain to someone why only JWs believe that Jerusalem was destroyed by Babylon in 607BCE when the rest of the universe knows it didn't happed until some 20 years later. That should keep the families busy.

And I'm the one that points out the obvious when someone talks to me all lathered up about the end being near, "Wow, they're making it sound almost as close as they did back in the early 70s... Well, except we don't know who the King of the North is, and there's no cry of peace and security, and religion is certainly doing well in our area. I really don't understand the generation thing anymore. But yeah, I suppose it could be close like in the 70s and we'll die if we don't obey that guy from Brooklyn that talked to us."

• sacolton
    sacolton

"if you are

not doing the Weekly Family Worship night that Jehovah

gave to you, then your chances of surviving the great

tribulation are greatly reduced and just because we

have building projects projected for the next 4 years

doesn't mean at all that we have 4 years remaining,

no not at all."

JEHOVAH GOD gave Weekly Family Worship Night? Wow, that's a really bold statement. Really shows they have replaced God with themselves.

• carpediem
    carpediem

All I heard just prior to leaving was that we were right near the end of the very end. Many wondered if it would happen before 2014 - 100 years since Jesus coming in Kingdom power and 100 years being a generation.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Brainwashing to create wealth now thats what I call the freedom of religion .....thank you Satan and your controlling Government for this opportunity !

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I always liked the way they put 30 year roofs on the new kingdom halls... even though the end will be "very soon".

Very Soon > 30 Years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit