Are there any atheists that experienced demons atacks?

by outofthebox 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Last but not least, people like you are the reason I am free from religious bondage because religious people like you are IDIOTIC!!!!!!!!!

Well, that was very eloquent.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    By the way jonathan, I never said I see demons. I stated it was a JW friend of mine. But then again you are an idiot!!!

Really? A JW friend of yours? Sure looks like you're talking about yourself here. I'll repost your post. Aliens?

This is one of my biggest questions now. I grew up a JW and have heard of many demon experiences. I remember at 10yrs old, I was laying in my bed and some kind of unseen force was sitting at the foot of my bed. I was wide awake and jumped up and ran to sleep in my sisters room. Also recently, about 2 weeks ago, I was trying t go to sleep and as soon as I opened my eyes my tv turned on by itself (no timer or anything like that). I wasn't scared when it happened, just annoyed and turned it off and went back to sleep. Nowadays I would rather come to a conclusion that these unseen forces are unknown lifeforms or even aliens instead of demons. I have noticed with my new belief, even if some weird experience does happen to me I wont be scared like I was growing up a JW and would most likely be facinated. At the same time I wouldn't play with a Ouija board or practice Satanism or something because weird crap will happen. I feel someday science will explain what these unseen annoying forces are! Until then, they dont scare me anymore.

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

• DubR
  • jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Why cant you challenge what I said about the bible,

That the flood didn't happen? That's your sole reason for rejecting scripture? Faith plays a big role, kid. Besides, you can't prove that it didn't happen. So now you want to discuss whether the Bible is the Word of God? Is that the direction you are taking this?

• DubR
    DubR

I could care less if you dont believe me. My first post was agreeing that I do not deny that there are unseen forces behind unnatural events. I should have explained myself better about my experiences but I didnt think a religious zealot would try to pick my post apart. Back when I was 10yrs old and laying in my bed, a weight at the foot of my bed was there (like someone had sat at the foot of my bed.) I didnt see anyone siting at the foot of my bed but felt a presence like there was a person sitting there. Am I breaking this experience down to you enough because you may be slow? And I will come to the conclusion to believe in something as ridiculous as aliens before I believe in something just as ridiculous as demons. That statement consisted of sarcasm! Both ideas are silly. But hey, you can continue to try to read in between the lines like you do the bible to make it seem like I see demons. By the way, this is a very open and layed back forum so if I saw demons, I would have addressed it in my first thread or something. There have been many nights my JW friend called me, crying of the things he had to go through just to live. You are a IDIOT!!!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    You are a IDIOT!!!

That should be "you are an idiot!!!"

• DubR
    DubR

lol, thats all you have!! Just strengthens my non-faith!

• ziddina
    ziddina

CarpeDiem, you said your son and friends saw... "whilst waiting to be picked up they saw a man, dressed in suit of armor with a sword, come out from a bush, run in front of the car, and disappear behind a tree. All three saw it and thought 'crap what was that'. He ran in front of them about three times before it finally stopped..."

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of a Medieval re-enactment group called the SCA?? That's the Society for Creative Anachronism, when it's spelled out. They're [we're] fairly active in England; and one activity that SCA'ers really enjoy is "scaring the Mundanes" - that's our group-talk for people who DON'T dress up in Medieval clothes and run around the countryside with swords/lances/archery bows and so on...

Many members of this group have either made their own armor or purchased items [like a 'helm'] that look authentic and have then built up the rest of their 'suit' of armor by buying it piece by piece, or actually forging it themselves. The fact that the guy was on foot (an authentic knight wouldn't be caught on foot, usually, unless he'd been knocked from his horse and his squire wasn't around to hoist him back up on the beast) makes me wonder whether they may have caught a glimpse of a re-enactor - who might have decided to have some fun with the stranded group - and there are more groups around besides the SCA who perform re-enactments. The fact that he was able to run in the armor indicates that it might have been made of modern steel, or better yet, aluminum. From your/your son's description, sounds like he was pretty spry and able to dash around the woods like a rabbit??

Just presenting another possible solution... Zid

jk

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Who says that the Christian God (and the subsequent Satan/demon construct) is the only explanation for supernatural phenomena? To me, a palace full of Olympian gods holding petty grudges and playing games makes more sense as to why the world is the way it is than does a single God who "is love" but doesn't seem to give a shit.

• dissed
    dissed

Much depends on your culture and religion as to how you might interpret such things.

JW - Must be wicked spirits

Catholic - ghost

Navajo - Chinde or evil spirit side of a deceased person or ancester. Or spirit gods toying with humans, like pranksters.

Athiest - imagination, perhaps dream-like state that seems real

Dealing with the JW's. most of them were explainable and they had great imaginations, plus loved to exagerate their experience. Few of them that I knew about personally were something to make you wonder. Most of the JW's stories came across as superstious, even so far as to blame the demons for their own faults.

But somethings I have no answer for and perhaps someday, it will be eplained.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit