Are there any atheists that experienced demons atacks?

by outofthebox 49 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Well?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Psychosomatic or otherwise explained by reason.

Now, me on the other hand, I believe in ghosts. I want to believe in them, so they are real for me.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I was running a cnc machine at work and the x and y axis stopped on .0666 a month ago. I have pics.

Demons? I'd have to say....yes.

• dgp
    dgp

I would like to point out something I read in a book I own. Have you noticed that angels NEVER appear to people in India, for example? Or the Virgin Mary to non catholics? Or Hindu gods to atheists? I believe that atheists don't usually claim they have been visited by a ghost. If they did, perhaps they wouldn't stay atheists at all.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

dgp...

My point exactly. Those pesky demons are scared of atheists! And those saints are geographically biased!

• dudeson
    dudeson

Good call DGP

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Unfortunately not because they have enough rational instinct to know that there no bad spirits,

as well as there are no good spirits. Demons were created out of human ignorance and imagination.

• dissed
    dissed

I had an episode with what a JW would call a demon, but I don't think it was a demon. My daughter and wife experienced it with me.

Something invisible pushed me around in an old mas or farm house in Provence, France. Then started chucking pots and pans around. I vacated the den where it was happening to the bedroom, listened to it throwing things around till morning, then vacated the premises a day early. And by the way, it put all the pots back where they belonged by morning.

I joked later the 'thing' was just unhappy with Bush-American policies and was taking it out on us.

Ps. If you make fun at me for sharing this with you, I promise to send him/her/it over to your place via the internet.

• ziddina
    ziddina

No, but I keep my video camera handy because stuff like that will be snapped up by "The History Channel"...

Oh, and I have seen ghostly - well, the incidents broke the laws of physics - manifestations, but I'm still an atheist - as I stated in another thread, a Goddess-worshipping atheist, but an atheist nonetheless...

Zid

jk

• yknot
    yknot

I guess it is like the Marfa lights.......if you wanna see/experience them I suppose you, if not than it is just you freezing your assets off in the back of a pickup truck staring at a normal night sky wondering why you allowed yourself to be talked into this fruitless observation again....(oh yea it is because he is really cute and you really want him to ask you to the Xmas ball.....and now 15 years later you still look at that dance photo and confirm that he indeed did make your outfit complete!.....and it makes your hubby jealous in a good way)

Besides realistically in this day and age.....why would any 'demon' attack anyone ....all it would theoretically do is make the person and persons around them believe in God......further atheist have already dismissed the concept of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit