Climate Change The New Catalyst For Globalists/Communist Utopia

by Perry 372 Replies latest members politics

• freydo
    freydo

GOOGLE ONE CHILD POLICY - NEWS One Child Policy Outrage after Copenhagen Contributed by ontheway on Friday, December 11, 2009 6:27:26 PM
    More stories from this contributor

A suggestion to adopt China’s sadistic one-child policy was discussed at Copenhagen this week; of course a reaction of outrage ensued…

An editorial in Canada’s Financial Post backed the idea, without mentioning what actually happens in China—women are kidnapped off the streets, drugged, and forced to undergo compulsory abortions............................

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/0000000000000955

• freydo
    freydo

http://beltwayblips.dailyradar.com/story/epa-says-greenhouse-gases-are-harmful/ msnbc.msn.com - 4 days ago EPA says greenhouse gases are harmful — WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency has concluded greenhouse gases are endangering people's health and must be regulated, signaling that the Obama administration is prepared to contain global warming without congressional action if necessary. EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson scheduled ... michellemalkin.com - 4 days ago The EPA’s war on carbonmichellemalkin.com — Eco-czars of the Obama administration, activate! [...] Read the rest » ... (more) The EPA’s war on carbon 12/07/2009: EPA: Greenhouse Gases Threaten Public Health and the Environment / Science ...yosemite.epa.gov — Release date: 12/07/2009 Contact Information: Cathy Milbourn, [email protected], 202-564-7849, 202-564-4355; En español: Lina Younes, [email protected], 202-564-9924, 202-564-4355 ... EPA: Greenhouse Gases Threaten Public Health and the Environment ... (more) 12/07/2009: EPA: Greenhouse Gases Threaten Public Health ... o

• BurnTheShips
  • hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Global warming or global governance?

Do you think the initiatives of individual countries can turn the tide? or doesn't the international community need coordinated efforts of all states?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Besty & Villabolo,

Not to be a smart ass here, but what good is talking about this if we don't do something about it? So far, neither one of you have made any suggestions to reduce greenhouse emissions and slow climate change. If you have, I must have missed it and I apologize.

Let's say you are correct and climate change is not a natural occurrence but is man made. I'm a solutions kind of gal and would be interested in hearing your suggestions as to what we can do about this problem. I am also very curious as to what you are doing personally to reduce your carbon footprint? Show me your cards.

And since I can't help but be a smart ass at least half the time, don't you think you would help reduce co2 emissions, if you quit your yapping?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In 1976 Dr. Eddy published a landmark paper in Science titled "The Maunder Minimum" [2] where, using the Nineteenth Century works of Edward W. Maunder and Gustav Spörer , he identified a 70-year period from 1645 to 1715 as a time when solar activity all but stopped. In making the case for the anomaly, he gathered and interpreted data from a wide variety of sources, including first-hand accounts from extant historical observations of the Sun going back to the telescopic observations of Galileo and other contemporary scientists of the 17th and early 18th centuries; from historical reports of the aurora borealis observed in past centuries in Europe and the New World; from visual observations of sunspots seen with the unaided eye at sunrise andsunset in dynastic records from the Orient; from existing descriptions of the eclipsed Sun; and from measurements of carbon-14 in dated tree-rings. In the last of these, which can be used as a proxy indicator of solar activity, he found evidence of other similar periods of solar quiescence in the distant past, the most recent an even longer 90-year span, from about 1460 until 1550, which he named the Spörer Minimum . Both the Maunder and Spörer minima fell during the coldest parts of the Little Ice Age, which suggested a meaningful connection between the longer term behavior of the Sun and of the Earth’s mean surface temperature. In advancing the theory that the Sun is a variable star Eddy observed: [2] "It has long been thought that the Sun is a constant star of regular and repeatable behavior. Measurements of the radiative output, or solar constant, seem to justify the first assumption, and the record of periodicity in sunspot numbers is taken as evidence of the second.

Sunspot cycle.

• BurnTheShips
  • besty
    besty

in all fairness Robdar that is a great question, but - without accepting the initial premise of the OP then it seems off topic and premature to launch into a discussion of possible solutions

however lets assume that the 97.5% of climate scientists that agree that humans are contributing to the observed rise in global temperatures, and that the massive body of other empirical evidence supporting that conclusion are correct and are not part of a massive global scam perpetrated by an entire field of science...what to do about it.....

Energy efficiency is clearly the most cost effective and achievable source of CO2 reductions - its also the biggest target to aim at. And nobody can credibly argue that using less energy to achieve more is a bad thing, climate change, AGW or otherwise.

Comparing various country's energy intensity - the amount of energy consumed to produce a unit of GDP - is a good place to start thinking about legislative solutions that will enhance competitiveness.

At the state level in the US this can be demonstrated to be true - California is the benchmark of what can be achieved with decades of integrated legislation and bi-partisan support. Examples include legislation to limit the percentage of public lighting on streets and in parks that was pointed at the sky, heating and ventilation duct leakage and painting flat roofs white.

On a personal level I have dedicated the last 3 years of my career to working on the electrical efficiency of datacenters. Most recently I have been working on a technology that promises to reduce electricity consumption of data storage devices by 90%. As a family we live in a house (built to Californian building codes) that is size appropriate for our family. We use our bicycles and walk where possible. I work from home. We recycle our trash. We try not to eat too much red meat, and fail on that one at least twice a month :-)

Hope that helps....maybe a new thread is in order to discuss solutions in more detail....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Imagine there's no global warming. It's easy if you try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF5F6eYho8U

BTS

• besty
    besty
    The problem with AGW skeptics is they focus on one piece of the puzzle and become overnight armchair 'experts' on say for example the CRU dataset. solar activity. Ignoring the huge body of empirical evidence from other sources they now feel sufficiently empowered to cry foul.
    BTS et al - are you now writing off the entire field of climate science as one big scam?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit