Husbands/Wives, Do you share passwords for each other's email account?

by asilentone 38 Replies latest social family

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

no, my wife doesnt have my passwords.

Havent you ever watched Seinfeld?

Worlds would collide!

We've been married 38 years.

Because we keep our distance.

If she asked me I would tell her.

She doesnt ask me and I dont ask her.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes we share all password, usually because we use the same ones for everything.

• zagor
    zagor

Now that I think of it my ex never knew mine as far as I know nor it ever became an issue, she was more into books than the computer, but neither was I ever hiding anything even thought it would have served me better if I did, once she read an email I left open on my screen. But in the end it was not a biggie. Likewise since I've had several relationships but it never became an issue. A lady friend that spends lots time here lately doesn't know my password, mind you my email account is often open on the screen, I've got nothing to hide nor could I live like that but neither have I ever seen her snooping behind my back when she's here but if she had a reason where she needed password I would have given it to her, I guess once you allow somebody that close there are no more tests of trust anymore, you accept people on their word.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't have a wife, but I don't even say my password in front of my bird. He might repeat it.

W

• bohm
    bohm

Yes - we sure do... But it was my idea though... He is not so happy about it, but I dont like the idea of having things seperately.

Miss Bohm

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Yes.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I know my husbands passwords, ect, 'cause I usually help him set up his accounts, and he's so forgetful, someone has to remember the passwords.

He doesn't know my passwords, because he wouldn't remember them anyway. I did wonder what he would do if something happened to me and he suddenly found himself without utilities and the house foreclosed on because he didn't know how to log in and pay anything. (I have since made him a notebook with detailed instructions on how to log in and pay bills)

I don't/wouldn't care if he looked at my emails. He just isn't interested.

lisa

*On a side note....

Friday was the 18th anniversary of our first date...and he hasn't ever went though my purse. To this day, if I say,.."look in my purse or it's in my purse", he'll go get my purse and bring it to me.

• zombie dub
  • brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

Ummm no that is craziness. Why would you ever want it? Unless they give it to you for some reason, how could you even ask without sounding like a control freak? Trust issues need to be addressed. I have nothing to hide, but not really anything to share without permission either. Just my opinion.

• DJK
    DJK

We share an email account. We have no interest in each others email so we only open our own. I never even read the subject lines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit