My parents are having a Turkey day get together and guess who they didn't invite?

by mrsjones5 65 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Yep, crazy ain't it?

My JW wife absolutely refused to meet with family for dinner on Thursday, fearing it was "celebrating." (What was really odd was that she refused to meet with my JW mother and other family- JW mother was okay about it.) But JW wife was okay doing a "lunch" of it. Then she wanted to participate in Black Friday, for the fun and deals.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi Melba (((((hugs)))))

A dear cousin of mine asked me recently why did I think anything would be different when I got back to California and the only reason I had for it was hope. I had hoped that my mother would rise above being the biatch that she is and just be there as support instead of being mean and evil. I'm letting that hope go and focusing it elsewhere.

P.S. Thanks for the hug Billy and for your comment OTWO, I just love how jws justify doing stuff.

P.S.S. My mother is waiting for me to call. I won't.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Maybe it is for support from others than her. Your other fam is out there, right?

And you and Mr. Jones got a thing going on, right?

We can still win, remember they are the one's missing out from the grandkids life. Live life to the fullest.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Mrs (Josie) Jones

Parents can be stressful, sometimes just because they are around thinking the same crap they always have, and that in itself can be a pain.

Do what you need to do for you. Your parents should know better. If they don't, thats not your fault.

Sometimes as children, the only thing to do is strive to be a better version of our parents. :)

• ninja
    ninja

well done jeff ......4000 mate

keep yer chins up jonesy.....he he

yer mate ...da ninja

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, Jeff got to 4000 on my topic...cool

Thanks guys, I'm feeling loads better and strangely quite a bit empowered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit