My parents are having a Turkey day get together and guess who they didn't invite?

by mrsjones5 65 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

Thanksgiving Falling Leaves Thanksgiving Horn of Plenty Sorry to hear this. I had a pretty good argument yesterday with my mom so I know how upsetting they can make us feel. I'm still trying to get over it.

I'm glad you have all of us to talk to.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm glad I have ya'll to talk to too.

• blondie
    blondie

josie, I'm sorry to hear this. How rude and unkind it is to talk about a family party that you aren't invited to. You are too kind. I would have asked why I had not been invited and why she was talking about it in front of me....

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

(((((((((MrsJones)))))))))))

I wish I was standing next to your mother right now Josie, cause I would kick her straight in the ass. Seriously.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's the story of my life. I was talking about the way my parents treat me with a cousin who's seven years older than me. She told me how much my parents wanted a child after they married and it took them almost three years before they had their first child (me). She said I was their golden child that they fawned over until my sister was born. My cousin said the change was amazing in how fast they literally pushed me aside and she thought it was strange because I was always a sweet polite little girl. I have story after story of how my sister (and brother) were treated better than I. One of the reasons I wanted to move out of state (to Indiana) was to get away from my parents. Crossing the state line out of California was relief and being back here is torture.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Are you still renting from your parents?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've never rented from my parents. They helped me get this hell hole but we pay the rent on it.

• mrsjones5
  • dinah
    dinah

(((Josie)))

That was just MEAN! I'm sorry she made you cry. Ya know, Josie, you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends. Your children are absolutely beautiful. You have a beautiful family. "Grandma" should see that, if not it's really HER that misses out.

Jeez, you feeling any better? How are the kids and Mr. Jones?

• John Doe
    John Doe

You should let them know they hurt your feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit