New "apostate" here! Recent WT study- 'We may ask you to do something that may not understand' (basically- DO IT)

by 20+wastedYRS 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

WELCOME 20+wasted...

Are any of these the droids you're looking for?

WT 2009, May 15, p. 13 - [After talking about how Christians escaped Jerusalem's destruction] 18 Obedience that comes from pressing to maturity will prove to be no less lifesaving when we face the major fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy that "there will be great tribulation" of unequaled magnitute. (Matt. 24:21) Will we prove to be obedient to whatever future urgent direction we may receive from "the faithful steward"? (Luke 12:42) How important it is that we learn to 'become obedient from the heart'! - Rom. 6:17

WT 2008, Aug 15, p.6 - [After talking about apostate influences] 15 ... With hearts full of gratitude, we stay close to "the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time." Christ has appointed this slave "over all his belongings." (Matt. 24:45-47) Therefore, even if we as individuals do not fully understand a certain position taken by the slave class, that is no reason for us to reject it or turn to Satan's world. Instead, loyalty will move us to act humbly and wait on Jehovah to clarify matters.

• sd-7
    sd-7

20+Years Wasted, is it? Welcome! I, too, am a newly awakened individual. I was raised in, and believed it all, got baptized early, loved every bit of it. So to see the reality, it is extremely upsetting, infuriating.

But don't think you've wasted your life, because that's only partially true. Yes, you gave up opportunities to follow your dreams, and that, this organization does need to answer for. But the knowledge you've acquired gives you something that makes up for all of that--the knowledge that you're free, and you always were.

What you now know gives you the chance to increase your knowledge exponentially. Without fearing outside books, now you can learn endlessly. Use this opportunity to learn all you can about this religion and especially about the methods it uses--Steven Hassan's book was VERY enlightening on that issue. I can now read the WT literature and see the mind control working with ease.

Life may get harder because the more you learn, the more unsettling it will become. But it also gets much easier. The cloud of depression you've felt will start to fade, especially after you read Crisis of Conscience and really let it sink in. Ray Franz totally dunked on the Society, wrapped his legs around its head, and then appropriately landed with a stare of 'I can't believe you thought you could block my dunk'. That book had me really messed up once I read it, but in hindsight, I'm glad I did. I'm actually rereading it now.

But the good thing is, you're definitely not alone. Whatever path you walk on now, it'll be of your choosing. Make every step count. I wish you the best.

SD-7

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome.

I totally relate to your story.

The Sisyphus-like condition of the rank-and-file is knowingly and diabolically encouraged by the GB.

Bastards!

Sylvia

• peacedog
    peacedog

...we must obey Jehovah no matter what he asks us to do.

..."in battle formation"...

...it is so important that we follow the guidance that comes to us through “the faithful and discreet slave”!

As we get nearer to the outbreak of the great tribulation, we may well receive some detailed instructions. Our safe journey through those troublesome days will depend on our keeping in step...

...we may not clearly see why...but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah’s guidance through his faithful channel of communication

Will we prove to be obedient to whatever future urgent direction we may receive from "the faithful steward"?

Gawd, I hope they don't tell them to start killing apostates!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Gawd, I hope they don't tell them to start killing apostates!

No wonder my little JW daughter gives me such peculiar looks sometimes.

ROFL.

Sylvia

• doublelife
    doublelife

Hello and welcome!

I agree about the ministry being a pyramid scheme. I was just thinking that yesterday but instead of taking your money, they take your time and, ultimately, your life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

They like to jerk people around. I always felt those special assembly days were nothing more than a test to see if the gullible sheep would come running. They were 'testing the waters' to see just how many rank and file JWs would still come running when they cried 'wolf' for the umpeenth time. So, sayings like this about how 'we may ask you to do something you don't understand..' don't really shock me because they have been doing this all along in one way or another. I just think they are amping it up.

What I would want to know is: "HOW did YOU come to this decision that WE have to do such-and-such at such-and-such a time?" I want to know WHO the brother or brothers are who God communicates with and I want to know HOW and WHEN this miracle happened. I don't accept anybody's divine claims unless they can prove it to me. PRODUCE EVIDENCE OR SHUT UP.

Let's stop this smoke and mirrors nonsense. We are in the 21st century.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Daleks say "You will obey" or you will be "Exterminated". The WTS says "you will obey" or your be "Exterminated".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When they say, "even if we as individuals do not fully understand a certain position taken by the slave class, that is no reason for us to reject it"...

they really mean, "even if we as individuals do not agree with a certain position taken by the slave class, that is no reason for us to reject it".

So much of the mind control revolves around careful semantics.

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

Thanks, all, for all your posts and help! I saw at LEAST two or three posts from recent watchtowers (which surprised me there were that many, although it shouldnt now!) that said essentially what was to be the "final blow" that knocked me out of the "truth"!! The number of articles of this sort, seem to be ever increasing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit