New "apostate" here! Recent WT study- 'We may ask you to do something that may not understand' (basically- DO IT)

by 20+wastedYRS 49 Replies latest jw friends

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

I will get to the BIG shocker that i read within the last year or two in a WT study article, so please bear with me... I am new to this forum and have been reading postings for several days now, and can relate totally to many of the issues that many ex-JW have. I was raised "around" the truth and although my parents were never "dipped", they wouldn't allow us to celebrate holidays or stand for natl anthem (not that i care now). So I basically had many of the pressures and stress that Witness kids had growing up, but with NO spiritual support, as we attended only a handful of meetings while my parents studied when I was 5or6. (41 now). When asked by others why we didnt celebrate we just made some lame excuse and mostly tried to avoid holiday topics and NEVER went to friend's b-day parties. It was a VERY odd way to grow up!

As life went on, I always wanted to go to meetings and eventually did as a teenager and reep great persecution from my own parents for doing so (odd... again!) I got "dedicated" at age of 18 and was high on life, cuz I was in the TRUTH, and on Gods side!! I gave up baseball, which btw, i was quite a gifted lefty pitcher who had college and pro potential (so i was told). I am pretty bitter now that I am learning the truth about WTS!! As many others have, I also gave up college opportunity and POSSIBLE baseball future.

I was in and out of the "truth" for a few years when I got married and she wanted to check it out too. I dragged her into the vacuum with me! After going seadily for several years and becoming an MS, I became sooo stressed out from all that was expected of me as a rank and file member, as well as, a MS. Depression settled in and became sooo severe they wanted to give me shock treatments and I begged them not to, that I would somehow make it out of it! Well, I got out of it all right... Divorced, quit meetings, almost df'd (i cried a lot).

All along, I STILL thought this was the "truth", but that I just couldnt handle that hard lifestyle, that it was just ME, not them!! Because I still thought it was the "truth", I decided to give it another try within the last couple yrs. (re-married with 2 kids) I didnt want my kids to die due to MY lack of effort to do what was "right"!!! The guilt tdhat was always out there weighing on my mind and heart for not doing what I knew was "right", was KILLING me, esp. now with kids!!! I felt sooo alone, now with 2 little kids and my wife not buying into the "truth". I soon began to feel that same ole stress bearing down on me, that I cant possibly do all that they expect of me!! They wanted me to study with an elder on my JC (protocol) and show progress thru my studing with him and that if i didnt show progress, I would not get any "priviliges". PRESSURE!!! All while brining a 3 and 4 yr old with me to meetings!!

THEN, a BIG red flag stuck out at me in one of the WT mag. study articles!! (I am soooo sorry, I dont have the exact issue to quote!!! If anyone knows what that one is.. please help me out with the details) I remember very clearly and did SEVERAL double takes at what it said!! It mentioned that there may be one day soon that the GB may ask you to do something that you will not understand or may seem strange, but we should just trust them and do it!!! WOW!!! I have been in and around the "truth" for years, and NEVER had I heard something that sounded like that!! HELP ME OUT HERE... Is it just me, has there EVER been any other statements similar to that???? If so, then I WAS REALLY BLIND!!! Had it not been for the fact that I was just trying to come back, I suppose I would have just let it breeze by me and gone along with the program!!

Are they getting ready to tell everyone the only way to get into the new system is to commit suiside? or kill all who oppose? or what???? That seemed to me like they were "preparing" them for something, or things, they are going to tell them to do!!!

Not sure if everone heard, but appearantly God wants them to back off of their 5 meetings that they so addimantly (sp?) pushed and guilted all to attend!!! They took out the bookstudy!!! I was always under the impression that when the "end" comes, that the bookstudy goups were supposed to be where we to go and that elder/conductor is who we were to connect with!!! A CHANGE.... AGAIN???

I have spent many hours these past several days reading all postings here, and looking for more info to help get this brainwashed sh** out of my head. I found, and ordered Franz book C of C and plan to order the other one when Im done with that one! I NEVER considered myself a "sucker" for ANYTHING!! BUT THEY GOT ME!!! I WASTED TOO MAY YEARS AND HURT TOO MANY PPL WITH MY SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MINDLESS FOLLOWING!!! I am sooo ashamed and embarrased and sad for allowing this to happen to me and totally screw up my life and my marriage and ALMOST screwed up my current marriage!!!!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE ANYONE'S FOOL!!!

(Sorry for my boring story, but thanks, it helped to write this)

love, your apostate brother!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great post, hello and welcome! We're glad you're here.

Yes I do think there was at least one thread on that particular Watchtower when it came out... I'm sure someone will know the issue and/or link. This sounds like a job for SUPER BLONDIE!!!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

I have been "out" for awhile and don't know the WT article you are referring to.Seems like there was a thread about it sometime back, though, and maybe someone can help.

I also thought it was ludicrous to tell the rank and file for years that when the tribulation struck the book study location would be the one to go to. The Kingdom Halls might be closed, etc.......and then get rid of the very meeting that would be the "lifeline."

I do agree that your upbringing was strange. Have you ever asked your folks why you couldn't have the holidays if they never became JWs?

At any rate, stick with us, and hope you are now able to calm down and have some happiness.

• poppers
    poppers

Boring? Are you kidding? It's stories like yours that keep me coming back. Glad you found us; you'll find lots of support here.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• BabaYaga
  • 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

Thanks, guys!!

I really have had some GREAT struggles with the "truth" over the years and never could figure out why I couldnt "hang" very long! Quite honestly, my current wife, did some research online while I was first going back, and I was curious what she was looking at that made her so against the JWs. I looked at a couple things and it didnt really phase me the way that I thought "apostate" material would! (not exactly sure how it was supposed to affect me...horns would start growing out of my head??) So, I owe my permanent exit to her!!!

I best explained it to her like this in a text to her today, "If you go (to meetings), you feel a sense of satisfaction, with a TON of stress (for not measuring up)!!! But if you don't go...a TON of guilt!!! (which can last for YEARS)"

I researched looking for some sort of support system because NOBODY would understand unless you have been there!!! I AM SO THANKFUL I FOUND THIS SITE!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND COMMENTS!!!

• pat1060
    pat1060

20+wastedYRSWelcome.You will love it here,always some one to talk to....I'm not much help but I remember the study you are talking about.It has been in the last 2 years,not long ago.In fact we have had a lot of articles that tell us we must be obedient to the GB.More then we used to...Glad I'm fading out.....

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

BABAYAGA,

Thanks, but that is not the one I saw. It is similar, but not nearly as direct!! The one I saw used words like 'soon, you may be asked to do something that you do not understand or may question, but... (you should basically do whatever it is they will ask of you) NO JOKE!! It totally blew me away!!! It almost inferred that it wont seem to be from the bible, or along the lines of anything we have asked of you before!!!

Probably was from 4mos to a yr ago. (sorry, im not much help!! sounds like im full of crap, but I read and re-read it!!) It was in a study article, which they have always said is the primary means of distributing "food" from Jah's throne thru the FDS!!! That is also one thing that raised my eyebrows!!

• jamiebowers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit