Designs would like to discuss crime committed in the world of Christianity

by isaacaustin 42 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Interesting guys and gals.

Actually its simple, use the same criteria to critique your new found Denominatons as you do your former one and objectively look at the results.

An xjw joins the- LDS, Hindu, Muslim, Baptist, Catholic, Unitarian Faiths etc. and we see what the merits are plus and minus.

• cantleave
    cantleave

All religious organisations will attract a cross section of people. Some will be honorable and others will exhibit characteristics which are not socially acceptable. When an organisation tries to set itself up as "Gods chosen" with "the happiest people on earth" in it, it opens itself up for criticism, especially if it tries to control information leaving it. The WTS has tried to control it's members and the information coming out of it, and project an image of being superior. This places it under more scrutiny than other religious organisations, therefore, when a member is caught behaving unacceptably it will be reported. This is not persecution, it is simply the WTS making a big target of itself

• designs
    designs

DD, Just to specifically comment on your complaint that I was picking on Christians, No, it has really been addressed to Fundamentalists like you who take a uber Literal view of the Bible. People who see in Jesus of Nazareth a message of doing good to their fellow humans and being good stewards of this earth I commend. It is the dangers of Fundamentalism that are being pointed out. Fundamentalists brought a reign of terrorism on humanity unequaled by few other persuasions, 100s of millions of innocents were murdered at their hands, even each other they murdered.

Since you like to kick the Society in the balls so much for their sins its humorous to see you whine when your own group's Cult like behavior is exposed. What a whoosie boy, waaaa.

Read the Jewish Sages who influenced Jesus of Nazareth, he becomes much more comprehensible, a good Jew who sought to do good for us all.

Shalom, you'll get there, its a journey.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wow designs finally had something to sya on his own thread. It only took about 7 hours...but not surprising being that he never has anything of value to say. As the WT would put it, Designs is a valueless thing. LOL

• designs
    designs

Isaac, kind of hard for you to admit you joined another Cult isn't it with ideas far more dangerous than the one you left.

Do good to others, take care of our beautiful earth. The lesson of the Pomegranate- a Jewish tale.

Shalom

• Chalam
    Chalam

Isaiah 9:6 (New International Version)

6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

James 3:17-18 (New International Version)

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

Matthew 5:9 (New International Version)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.

Shalom,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Stephen, if you Fundamentalists had followed the good teachings of Jesus 100s of millions of innocent lives would have been spared.

You are in a Cult, but you can become free.

Shalom.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

Fundamentalists brought a reign of terrorism on humanity unequaled by few other persuasions, 100s of millions of innocents were murdered at their hands, even each other they murdered.

Who do you call "Fundamentalists"? Where or when and how were they responsible 100s of millions of innocents being murdered at their hands. I Don't think you know waht you are talking about.

I don't really consider myself to be a "Fundamentalists", But, I do share some of their beliefs.

Where or when did I ever advocate terrorism or murder?

• designs
    designs

Do you believe in a literal Hell then Dog you are a Fundamentalist, that is the gateway drug to terrorism. If you need a pie chart on how it works psychologically I think someone here can provide it for you.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

So lets get this straight. You're saying anyone who believes in hell, is a potential terrorist or murder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit