My name was brought up last night in the elders meeting !!!

by elder-schmelder 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

If it's been over 3 years since you've been to a meeting or called yourself a JW, then there is nothing they can do. It's either in the Flock book, or in a KM that says that for JW's who have distanced themselves for a period of three years or more and do not consider themselves JW's that they are to leave them alone. A couple years ago I would have sourced that for you, but I'm too far removed to know where to start looking for that now.

Kwin

• willyloman
    willyloman

If it's been over 3 years since you've been to a meeting or called yourself a JW, then there is nothing they can do.

Don't believe it; they can do whatever they want. The quote from the flock book says "a number of years" and not specifically 3 or any other number (to the best of my recollection). The fact they have two people saying you are "apostate" tells them you are "a danger to the flock" - especially if you have relatives still "in." They will be all over you like a cheap suit. Your father gave you a serious heads up.

Edited to add: If you do meet with them, they will not ask "Are you apostate." They won't use that word until and unless you say something that convinces them you are one. They will ask two questions:

1. Do you still want to be a JW?

2. Do you believe the GB is the F&DS?

How you answer those two Q's will determine your future dub status.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you don't want to be DF'ed, and they may or may not have enough for a JC, then by all means meet with two of them.
    They would be considered an investigation committee. By all means, try to say what LWT suggested:

"Brothers, I don't know why anyone would have said things like that. I love Jehovah with all of my heart, and I would never say anything negative about his earthly organization. Those folks must have misunderstood me."

When they ask for more, don't volunteer anything. It was long enough ago (even if it was a week) that you don't remember what was said, but it certainly wasn't any such thing as apostasy. "Why don't you go to the meetings anymore." "Yeah, I have been dwelling on that lately. No promises, but I will be trying to do something about that eventually. Thanks for all your concern."

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

E-S

I'm truly sorry for what you are going through. It's a tough situation. I hope you don't have to do something just to keep your family but i know why you would.

Hope it all works out.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, and schmelder, on the subject of unwanted elder visits, I was just wondering if you had a large yard with any flowerbeds where you could hide a couple of large human-body sized items.

No particular reason, just asking...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"So nobody knows you two are here? Your car could be moved out to the parking lot at the grocery store and nobody would know where you've been?"

No particular reason, just asking...

• dissed
    dissed

Your name came up at the Elders meeting?

What the Elders meeting was probably like -

"Brothers, something is wrong in the congregation! No one is studying, no one is getting baptized any more, except for the Alzheimer patients at the rest home. Have we lost some of JG's spirit?"

"Well, I think we are doing everything right as Elders, so it must be something else? Must be some secret sinning going on. How about I dust off my talk on masturbation?"

"When was the last time we DF'd somebody? Always makes me feel good."

"Who could we DF?"

"Let's see, who hasn't been attending for years? Someone, nobody cares about."

"How about Elder-Schmelder?"

"What are the grounds?"

"Who needs grounds? Just make up something like we heard he's an apostate."

"But what if he's not an apostate?"

"Hey, everyone has doubts, right? In his case, we just say he's apostate."

"Someone loan me their copy of COC to plant in his house"

• jamiebowers
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I personally know of one ex elder who was chased down. They had the 2 witness rule covered as several old friends felt he made apostate remarks. He didn't go to the JC and he and his wife are now out.

Bottom line is all they have to do is find to JW's to poo poo your reputation. There are plenty of wanna be Jehu's that are willing to do all to keep the cong clean

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I am still waiting for the call from the elders. I dont know what I want to do yet. I think that I am going to just say that I dont have time to meet with them but if they want to mail a letter to me I would reply to it.

elder-schemdler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit