My name was brought up last night in the elders meeting !!!

by elder-schmelder 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gayle
    Gayle

If you can avoid getting disfellowshipped, I recommend that. If they seem persistent to have a JC meeting and seem determined to DF you, then have your lawyer letter ready. It seems to stop them in their tracks. Don't allow them the "announce" your name from the platform. We know it is a smear tactic. Their has been a handful of ex-JWs in your circumstance that this has worked and some have found that some of their families/ friends are still willing to talk with them. My brother's attorney letter:

***********************************************************************************

charles, smith & bellah

A PROFESSIONAL CO«F*QP*.T!ON

ATTORNEYS AT LAW

•I W. CWARS.ES S7O«» WEST PAUMAIRC AVENUE

URNELL SMITH f> O BOX IT37 TELEPHONE

kRO»eu.AH OLENOALE , ARIZONA 8S31i ,'SOZ! OJ»- BS *

>t j. rommel

B OOf.ECHER

July 15, 1985

James L. Simpson

Body Of Elders

Sun City Kingdom Hall

Surprise

13016 Elm Street

Surprise, Arizona

Dear Mr. Simpson:

I am in receipt of your letter dated July 9, 1985 to Mr. William Minette. He has asked that I represent him in this matter. Further, he has requested that I write you to request any further communications be directed to him at this office through me.

Any efforts to make a pronouncement or take action regarding Mr. Minette's status as a Christian, his moral character or any other statements which may possibly affect his relationship with others will be viewed as a violation of Mr. Minette's constitutional rights, in fact, violation of his First Amendment rights. In addition, we will seek assistance from the Superior Court of Maricopa County or from the United States District Court in Phoenix, Arizona to protect those rights if necessary. In doing so, my client has requested that I seek attorney fees.

In order to avoid this expense and unnecessary action, we ask that any previous statements or comments, that may have been made in regard to Mr. Minette be withdrawn or disclaim as the case may be.

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

David Burnell Smith DBS/kpm

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    If having any smidgeon of a relationship with your JW family is important to you, then you've got no other choice but to lie through your teeth about what you believe or doubt. Yeah, not noble but I found it works.

I agree that this is the only option, if you're trying to hang on to friends and family. If you're DF'd as an apostate, you become the lowest form of WT scum. It's how the rules are constructed.

However, I would like to provide an extreme analogy of why I think it's perfectly noble to lie to the elders in this situation.

If an attacker were about to shoot you, and then he stopped and asked you to load his gun for him, would you do it? Of course not. Answering the elders truthfully about these matters is exactly like loading the gun of your attacker. It has nothing to do with what is noble. Self-defense is always acceptable. These elders just want to hurt you. By answering truthfully, you are enabling them to hurt you.

Just my two cents. Please don't interpret this as a ringing endorsement for lying. It's simply my take on the nature of this particular battle.

• DubR
    DubR

Hi bud,

From reading alot of experiences on when members start snitching to elders saying that they feel someone is an apostate, the elders take it VERY serious and will contact you. Sometimes it may even prove that someone in your family have come to the elders on you. Its most likely anyone you have talked to and you have said anything negative about "God's Chosen Organization." My advise is chill and when you get the phone call from them, be as nice as possible and meet with them if they ask. As long as you say that you believe that that organization is God's spirit directed organization they won't disfellowship you. I actually had an elder I had known since I was little contact me and ask me that same question because my mom kinda snitched on me and I questioned the false prophecies. I said yes, because one day I may be able to fake it and go back for my family. Also, make up a good excuse about missing the meetings and service like "Brothers I have been struggling with social anxiety for several years but will not give up" lol. That should work. I would fake it and come back, but I know that I would punch an elder in his face if I met with them right now!! You dont want to get disfellowshipped for APOSTASY!! Dont let them win, they will never reinstate a hell spawn.

DubR

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I am going to meet with them tonight. I will post an update after.

elder-schmelder

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I am going to meet with them tonight. I will post an update after.

Please hang in there.

• ninja
    ninja

record it if possible mate

• Diva
    Diva

Looking forward to an update...hope it goes well for you.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I'll be thinking of ya, hope it goes as well as can be expected. It's like walking willingly into a aligator pond.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am confused. In the "biography" under your name, it mentions you were already disfellowshipped 4 yrs ago when you met your girlfriend. Did you get reinstated since?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    In the "biography" under your name, it mentions you were already disfellowshipped 4 yrs ago when you met your girlfriend. did you get reinstated since?

Written in Elder- Schmelder's Bio last year:

then when I was 18 my dad found cigarettes in my room and told me I had to tell the elders, then they DF'd me.
    I've had a GF for 4 years, would have never met her if I didn't get DF'd.

Posted recently by Elder- Schmelder:

I don't know if I want to be DFed. I have not been to a meeting in about 3 years . My grandparents and parents are all JW"s. My brother is already df'd.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit