My name was brought up last night in the elders meeting !!!

by elder-schmelder 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I was just told by my dad that my name was brought up last night in the elders meeting.

My dad (is or was) an elder, and he told me that the elders are going to be giving me a call. They have heard rumors that i am an apostate !!

He said that the elders received a call from another hall that heard that I was an apostate and 1 local brother also turned me in.

Does this mean that they have 2 witness to my sin and that they can DF me without a JC?

I dont know if I want to be DFed. I have not been to a meeting in about 3 years. My Grandparents, and parents are all JW's. My brother is already df'd.

elder-schmelder

• blondie
    blondie

If you have been talking to 2 jws even in separate congregations and they feel your statements were apostate and the elders agree....yes, you could have to be asking some questions or if not meeting with them, could be df'd.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

That is what I figured. If I dont want to be df'd then I have to go to the meeting and play mind games with them. I just dont know if I want to do that.

elder-schmelder

• sir82
    sir82

Just "hearing" that you are an apostate, technically, isn't enough. It would just be "hearsay".

They'd need 2 witnesses who would testify that they saw or heard you doing or saying apostate things.

However, if they are bent on making an example of you, they could proably dig up, or twist, enough info to serve their purposes.

• sacolton
    sacolton

WITCH HUNT!

Either deny it and try to win the Oscar for Best Performing Actor in a Religious Debate ...

or Disassociate and get the last word ...

or do nothing and not play by their rules.

• bohm
    bohm

i say, go to the meeting, play their game and tell them the BS they want to hear. it would be dishonest, but you would be able to see your family and a BS religion deserve BS answers to their inquisition. besides, you will have much more luck de-programming other witnesses from the inside.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Brothers, I don't know why anyone would have said things like that. I love Jehovah with all of my heart, and I would never say anything negative about his earthly organization. Those folks must have misunderstood me."

• scotsman
    scotsman

It's been 3 years sonce you were at meetings? Ignore them and don't respond to any contact, thus far its sounds like hearsay and if you don't get involved they're likely to drop the matter.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

agree scotsman ignor they can only harras so much

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

ES, "Does this mean that they have 2 witness to my sin and that they can DF me without a JC?"

That's a tough call. They should contact you first, but you have to remember that we're talking about a room full of janitors.

Hmmm, what could you say...

Perhaps you could tell them there was a misunderstanding and you have an enlarged prostate, but you are not a large apostate.

Or, something like...
    "Br. Schmelder, we hear that you've become an apostate, are you?"
    "Apostate? Who specifically is making this charge and what specifically is it based on?"
    "Well, we can't share names or such information."
    "I find that interesting because I've been avoiding ANY and ALL contact with JWs because I've found them to be terrible GOSSIPS. Who of them suddenly knows me so well that they think they can read my heart? Or is someone so ticked off at my parents that they want to break their hearts by having me disfellowshipped?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit