Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• musky
    musky

CoCo, Excellent! Thank you for the story.

I think maybe we need another coffee? Maybe Zid and Sylvia could join us? It may help to calm your nerves after all that frightful experience.

Thanks again CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, Ziddy and Musky!

I was on a writing jag around 2:00 to 4:00 am today. Then a bit more some 12 hours later this afternoon. Hunt-and-peck typing skills produce little page-wise, but the brain gets expended regardless and says HALT!

I think I may be getting a little bit of character development going on here ... Hmmmmm....

Thank you for your votes of confidence!

Coffee always sounds good, Musky.

Have a scary evening, everyone!

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

It is snowing in my neighborhood.

The falling snow creates a world of silence, a blessed silence that deadens the hammering in my head. A blanket of the purest white covers a multitude of sins: un-redeeming architectural details of badly designed homes, poorly tended gardens, new but ugly automobiles and some unknown sin of my past. I pass from a state of purposeless thinking into one of essence, of being. I stand motionless, allowing uncountable snowflakes to encase me, to cover my multitude of sins.

Fog, following directly on the heels of the snow, shrouds in ghostly vapor newly whitened trees in the middle ground and swallows up totally the giant sentinels of the background. The hills no longer exist for the heavy, impenetrable drapery of clinging moisture. They have disappeared, as though by magic.

I am grateful because the house on the hill is enveloped and out of my sight.

Out of sight, out of mind.

For now.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Maybe Zid and Sylvia could join us?

Sylvia would love that!

Snowbird

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Sylvia:

Can I get you some coffee with that 'burger? and [pretend 'burger]

I take lots of cayenne with my daily grease [EVOO, for the most part, which is actually a heart-healthy oil] ... have you heard of cayenne's benefits? [please see Left for Dead, by Dick Quinn]

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Morning, CoCo!

I've heard of cayenne's benefits, but I've never read the book.

My maternal grandmother lived to be 104 and was never hospitalized in her life.

She grew and ate many a cayenne pepper.

My mother bore 13 children with never a problem.

She grew and ate many a cayenne pepper.

I used to grow them, but got so caught up in other stuff that I stopped.

I think it's time to rethink my position.

Thanks!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

http://www.amazon.com/Left-Dead-Dick-Quinn/dp/0963283901

I think it's time to rethink my position.

Thanks!

Sylvia

You're Welcome!

CoCo

• musky
    musky

Hello CoCo,

Could it also be a bit unsettling to know that something nefarious may be close by yet out of sight?

Take care

" Sylvia would love that!"

• compound complex
    compound complex

Oh yes, Musky!

I caught you just before going on my walk, which I'm about to do even though it's raining. I noticed on my way back from driving to errands that the hill is, once again, encased in fog. That wall of fog, however, cannot prevent the "nefarious" pane from peering through and burning a hole into my skull as I come into its sights.

Other than being a pain in the neck, in reality it is actually only a pane!

Will have more happening at Hill House this eve.

Thanks for stopping by!

CoCo

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, I love the description of the snow.... ...

I love snowstorms... One of the best "Twilight Zone" or "Night Gallery" shows I've ever seen was about a little boy whose parents didn't understand him - always nagging at him to do well in school, over-protective, and not really fond of their son... He would go up into his room, open the window, and a few snowflakes would drift in... As the plot progressed and the pressure/dysfunctionality in the family increased, the snow became thicker and the wind fiercer every time he opened his window. The next-to-the-last scene [I think...] showed him opening the window to a full-fledged blizzard developing outside. I can't remember whether they finally showed the outside of the house - in someplace warm like Sou. Calif., I think - not a flake. The little boy slipped outside into the snow, and was never seen again... And was probably much happier than staying with that family...

Coffee sounds GREAT!! [coffee shop meeting...]

Zid

jk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit