Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Dear Sylvia.

We missed you on Friday. Since you're back with us, I take that as a good sign, though, as you say, you are in recovery ... at work?!?!?

Thanks for (1) your mentioning (2) my art. They mean a lot to me (both the art and its significance to me as well as your nice comments).

I don't know why, but when I wrote about Sally Anne and her Raggedy Dolls a few hours ago, I was thinking of you ... do I have some special knowledge of which I am consciously unaware?

You are busy; reply at your convenience.

Much love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, CoCo.

Yes, I'm at work. Thought I was going to have to leave, but am alright now.

My boss, God love him, is making quite the fuss over me.

I think you and I are both fey. My maternal grandmother and mother were.

Fey: b. Having visionary power; clairvoyant.

Whenever I read your work, I "read" you!

Do you understand?

Peace and much love.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Syl ...

Yes!

CoCo of few words

• snowbird
  • compound complex
    compound complex

landscape

This late afternoon would be a perfect time to remain indoors and curl up in front of the fireplace with a good read. Possessing many a good book but no obvious fireplace, I have to bolt. Cabin fever has gotten the better of me, so I'm going to put on a brave face and raincoat and dash headlong into the blustery and darkening remains of one hour's daylight.

I surge forward, my frame a near-horizontal incline against the punishing gale. Upon entering an abandoned property, I find shelter under the eaves of the house. They afford little more than minor relief from the rain but virtually none from the wildly circulating winds. I don't mind. I knew what lay ahead the moment I stepped out my own front door.

Once again my attention is fixed on a Miner's Point now enveloped in a wild and woolly atmospheric condition so different from that of the day before. Undulating foothills and their swaying sentinels roil in a sea of cascading and sprinting vapors. A barely discernible mountain pass bares her jagged shoulder, a distant roadway cradled within sloping walls of earth, stone and tree snakes dangerously skyward.

I've never before been this soaked to the bone and loved it so.

• musky
    musky

Hello CoCo,

I like the use of black at the top of the picture.

Have a great evening

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Musky!

Thanks for noticing! It frames it in, bringing the sky to earth.

It's good "seeing" you again. A student made me a gift of special blend coffee: Dark French Italian Roast. That'll hit the nail on the head

and keep me buzzing through the night.

Take care, my friend!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Morning.

Because the painkiller I'm using is extremely efficacious, I was 15 minutes late getting to work this am - quite uncharacteristic, boss is very understanding.

I like the light in your painting which signifies to me that even though the darkness may come, it will never extinguish completely the light.

Can you tell I have the Prologue of the Johannine Gospel in mind?

Peace, my brother.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Syl:

Give me the efficacy of painkillers when dealing with the likes of my husband, Nathan. You can die from such a man!

The submissive wife.

Whoops! Wrong Thread.

Hope that you're on the mend soon, dear friend!

In the beginning was ...

There now, back on track!

Johannine Scriber

• snowbird
    snowbird

In the beginning was ...
    There now, back on track!
    Johannine Scriber

ROFL despite my sore jaw!

You're a hot mess, CoCo.

Sylvia

Share this