Since Leaving The "Truth" Have You Been Naughty or Nice?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised in it. For the most part I was an exemplary JW. I'm a very social fun loving person. I curtailed that natural part of me quite a bit as I had to be an "example" to the flock. Now I don't "give a flock" about being a "good boy". I enjoy my independence and yes, I do like the "world".

Clearly, by Witness standards, I'd be considered very "bad association" but I'm a lot of fun.

What about you???

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

For the first 10 years I was VERY "naughty"...but then I met a lovely woman and decided I had enough of "life in the fast lane"! I won't deny that I loved my single life, but at this stage of my life I am very happy and wouldn't change a thing. I view my years after leaving the JW's as living out my 20's (except I was in my 40's!)...I dated alot of women, traveled the world and did the things I never had a chance to do having been a JW my entire life and married at age 19.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am more a global citizen than ever before...

charitable, civic minded, activist/advocate...

actively pursuing academic qualifications....

wicked to the bone, by some accounts

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Both

• minimus
    minimus

We're like that too tightly wound spring. Once it lets go, it's off!!!!!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I've always tried to live up to my own standards of "good".

I didn't need a religion for that.

I just now have the freedom to go further down my own road.

• minimus
    minimus

Most that I know of that have left did not go over the deep end but they did go a little wild.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I am mostly nice with a bit of naughty sprinkled in for good measure!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I fee free to make personal decisions without having to worry about what others think. Generally I am still "good", but then I am very happily married and my family is the most important thing in my life so I don't need to play the field. So I am probably no worse than when I was attending meetings.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I'm a jerk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit