All You Apostates are EVIL READ!!

by DubR 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

DubR:

I'll just make it quick lol.

I can't wait to read one of your long posts!

Great intro post and WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

om

• Nowman
    Nowman

Welcome dub r!!!

You know, Nova was on last night, program called being human I think, was really interested in watching it more, but my 2 year old wanted to watch something else, so we shut it off BUT I have been thinking about this alot since:

They have found bones of people much older than the biblical people mentioned in the bible, how come if the bible is true, we have not found anyone person (bones) living at that time but we have found numerous human like/ape like species older than people referenced in the bible? Am I right about this? If I am wrong about this point, please educate me, perhaps I missed discoveries over the years...I know about the dead sea scrolls in such, but perhaps the bible was written because it was fashionable to believe in Gods.

The program yesterday (based on findings) showed those bones/people older than the bible had their rituals too, they did things for their Gods etc...but in that period they had so much less, less influences because of less people, only lived to be 30 on average.

Those people mentioned in the bible lived far longer, have their been discoveries of anyone biblical that showed they lived over 200+ years??

Perhaps I should have started a topic on this, meant to welcome dub r, but I am also agnostic, and this show got me thinking...

Nikki

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you for the warm welcome Nikki!!

I am pretty much a new student when it comes to the real human creation facts. If i am not mistaken fossil records show that humans (mammals like us now days) have existed for almost 200,000 years originating from Afrika! That timeline isnt nearly close to the bible's human creation timeline story lol. From my research, all ancient humans and the previous human/ape species have always lived much shorter lives than us now day. Back hundreds of thousands of years ago, life was extremely hard (we have it easy now) and yes, their lifespan was about 30 to 35 years average. All reference of ancient human lifespans of centuries upon centuries is only supported in the bible and not reality. I am actually listening to the that PBS episode right now (im at work and there is nothing else to do lol) and I have pasted the website so you can watch all of it since your two year old wanted to watch Spongebob lol. Nikki, this subject would be a great tread to start because I am sure there are alot of members more knowledgeable on the human and human/ape species. And yes it is very interesting that these ancient species of humans had rituals and worshipped their God/Gods etc... I want to know more as well!!!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/beta/evolution/becoming-human-part-3.html

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome DubR,

It's nice to find a newbie, who already done the work and has his act together. The Hebrew Bible, written by shepherds and nomads, only holds out a hope for a life after death- much as a kid hopes for a special gift he wants for Xmas. But, the reality is that death may be final for us mortal humans. Those elders sure like to dig into the details about immorality, don't they? Hope your family comes around someday, too.

• watson
    watson
    The Almight Homer - Guy like you are the ones I would personally like to thank. Ones like you, back in the 70's, didn't even have half of the available resources we have today to do research but still found out everything first hand through experience. I digitally salute you!

Not sure how you should take that Homer..LOL.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

It was a necessary fact for gods to exist in ancient cultures for their was little knowledge of the world for which they lived in.

Fear, ignorance and human imagination are composing factors to why there were so many gods created in ancient times.

The bible tells the tales of the men who embellished stories to support their particular god.

The WTS. continues on in this embellishment mostly out for commercial reasons, it is after all a religious publishing house/corporation. $$$

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Not sure how you should take that Homer..LOL.

With gratitude of course.

Probably the biggest reason the WTS. is plateauing or in some ares declining, is the age of information

accompanied with a higher level of education.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Your story about leaving the JW's is being repeated over and over again and again. The net has exposed the JW faith like nothing else can. There is simply NO WAY God has chosen the WT Society as His special anything. The evidence against such is overwhelming and simply irrefutable. And I have examined/debated for years now with JW's on it all.

Take a LOOK: http://www1.tip.nl/~t661020/wtcitaten/part2.htm

There is not a chance God is behind all of those sorry embarrassments over the past 100 plus YEARS!

Breaking free from such a controlling, manipulative, arrogant, conceited and judgmental institution can be a very liberating and positive experience. But it can take time. And it can come at a price, unfortunately. You will lose loved ones and friendships that you've accumulated over the years. Family included.

But at least YOU are no longer under their control and your own journey out may help pave the way for others to follow. Just continue to follow your instincts and the path you are on. You may have doubts about what you are doing from time to time but these are very normal from my experiences as well. You can't just expect to easily undo what has taken decades of routines and brainwashing to ingrain into your mind. It takes time to deprogram.

As for God: I believe He exists and helps people today. Like many others, I can say with conviction that I feel his hand in my own life today as well. And I walk with Him daily. But I do not think one needs to be of any particular faith or religion to have a relationship with whoever God is. I believe in a God that transcends religion altogether. Who is available to all. But that is my own experience.

You will find all kinds of support and help here on this site because nobody can understand what an EX-JW goes through and has been through like another EX-JW can. It's as if you have a brotherhood again ... just of a different sort. One that has taken the blinders off and has found freedom and a better way a living. And one that understands where you are today!

Good luck with your new life!

Vinny

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

Sending much love much love from this way kicko

Welcome aboard, I'm pretty much new too, so glad to have you man, look forward to seeing you around.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Sorry, no apostates on here, apostasy is what goes on at religions centre, not at its fringes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit