All You Apostates are EVIL READ!!

by DubR 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Zombie I will gather your a man...Only because your trying to tell me what to believe
    As I have said before .I follow no man at all.You said Mouthy - your reasoning could equally be used to 'prove' that pastafarians are right andthe Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything with his noodly appendage.Why not believe that intead
    I dont want to believe what you suggest,because I am happier & have more peace with MY belief.but I gather
    You have only an atheistic faith! we can still be friends.Cant we?

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    "most of the Old Testament is ridiculous"
    Nice starting point for someone claiming to be a Christian ..................

he doesn't - he said hes atheist/agnostic

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Zombie I will gather your a man...Only because your trying to tell me what to believe
    As I have said before .I follow no man at all.You said Mouthy - your reasoning could equally be used to 'prove' that pastafarians are right andthe Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything with his noodly appendage.Why not believe that intead
    I dont want to believe what you suggest,because I am happier & have more peace with MY belief.but I gather
    You have only an atheistic faith! we can still be friends.Cant we?

I am a [slighty camp] man indeed. I am certainly not trying to tell you what to believe, if you want to believe it gets dark each night because the cookie monster eats the sun that's up to you.

I simply suggested that if one believes something purely because of faith with zero facts/evidence they may as well believe absolutely anything, I don't see why believing that the FSM created the earth is any sillier that believing the God of the bible (either the OT or NT god) created the earth - neither have any evidence of facts to back it up.

You said I "only have an atheistic faith", I'm not an atheistic, I'm agnostic, and I have no faith - because the concept of faith is, to me, illogical and daft.

And yes, I'm happy to be friends with anyone, but I do like to argue my point :) :-x

• cab1000
    cab1000

Great post.

Are you writing my biography? I have a very simular story.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

LOL! Dubr - ur post was OFF THE CHAIN!!!!! I was really feelin it...and welcome.

It's amazing how we all have that 'moment' when the lightbulb goes off and we realize that something is just isn't right...and it's that moment that pushes us to make the decision NOT to go back (or get reinstated). Happened to me, it happened to you, happens to almost everyone. Glad ya found ur way...

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm not an atheistic, I'm agnostic, and I have no faith - because the concept of faith is, to me, illogical and daft.

Well in my opinion it takes faith to believe in the above.So I am daft....But a happy daft one.

• DubR
    DubR

Wow, there are two words I would like to tell all of you who have welcomed me with open arms from the bottom of my heart... THANK YOU!

Thank you all soo much for your warm encouraging words and understanding. This is actually the first time I have communicated with others who know the truth about the "truth." All the members on this site are a good example of a true brother/sister hood with unconditional love, it kinda brings a joyous tear to my eye

The Almight Homer - Guy like you are the ones I would personally like to thank. Ones like you, back in the 70's, didn't even have half of the available resources we have today to do research but still found out everything first hand through experience. I digitally salute you!

Dissed - Ok I take it back. All 66 books of the bible are pretty ridiculous. The whole book is just retarted literature pushing a belief system. Its actually a dangerous book because billions base their life on it. If I read it, its for pure laughter!

Creativehoney & AwSnap - lol, yea sorry about the first impressions. You got to admit "Bangin the girlfriend" statement is classic and romantic lol.

Black Sheep, Elder-Schmelder; Zombie Dub - It sounds like from your posts we have come to a very similiar conclusion about religion, God, ect. I have some questions you may be able to help me with. I will probably make a new tread soon. Thank you guys for the encouragement!

Chalan - The Man Made Forgiveness trademark should be endorsed as a new sister company name by the WT Society. Im sure they are running out of sister company names by now lol.

Cab1000 - I would love to read your personal story. I think this is a story very similiar to hundreds of thousands out there like you and me.

Babygirl30 - I like to officially call it the "WTF Moment." Those who experience it never go back or fake it to get their family back while others let mind control (what they want to believe) take over and stay. I have actually had several WTF Moments while I was in there but its only so many of those moments one can take lol.

Mouthy - I think I will call you Granny now! People like you are one of the reason why I was soo attracted to this site. One can have a totally different opinion and not be bashed for it (just friendly debates if anything). Thank you for your loving comment!

Watson & GLT - I truly hope that my tread can benefit all those "young lurkers" out there. Even if they chose to stay in that religion, at least they will now know what type of religion they really are in. I have tried many times to share researched info with my family bu they chose not to listen, but I feel deep down I have let them know what type of cult (i mean religion) they really are in. Every JW (especially young ones) needs to know the truth about the truth! And GLT, I will try to apply your loving advise. Right now its really hard for me to even care about any of my family members. I have shared alot of info with them and they choose to keep their eyes closed. Sad...

JamieBowers - To put it quickly, my mom really started to shun me when she realized I would never come back to that religion (about a month ago). I have two sisters (one is an elder's wife) she cut me off as soon as I was defellowshipped. She was always self-righteous even though she did alot of dirt growing up. My other sister has stopped communicating alot since she found out I am never planning on going back. What's weird is it doesnt hurt me or anything. Ever since my dad died (I was very close to my family but he was never completely brainwashed and it made our bond stronger) i have a "It is what it is" type of attitude on life. Thank you!

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

YEEE HAH! That made me bloody cheer!

You may be "only 24" but your post had some awesome insights and great perspective.

"Thank....er the internet" BAH HA Classic!

xx

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Double posting... damn mobile wireless.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy - I think I will call you Granny now! People like you are one of the reason why I was soo attracted to this site. One can have a totally different opinion and not be bashed for it (just friendly debates if anything). Thank you for your loving comment

From GrannyDUBR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit