baaaa

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

LOL!

Welcome!!!!

Babygirl....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! We LOVE to be called evil apostates! I love the term "manmade forgiveness".

Does your family shun you?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good job, man! Welcome!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

DubR, Welcome!

You did your wife a huge favor by not dragging her in, and yourself a favor by not taking Watchtower teachings at face value.

Always remember, the fault lies not with the individual Witnesses (victims) but rather with the organization's leadership who exploit the rank-and-file. Never stop loving your Witness relatives for their beliefs, always be there for them unconditionally. It can be hard to do that when the congregation is giving you the cold shoulder, but if you don't you're still playing the Watchtower's game by their rules. This is the way to break the control those teachings have on your psyche even after you leave the organization.

GLT

ps: Technically, I'm not a JW apostate--because I never joined. I'm an unbelieving ex-spouse.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

welcome to the board

catagory 3 - some still believe in a creator and don't belong to any faith and follow their own personal path (well that is me)

• JAFO
    JAFO

Welcome! I've only been here a few days, but I can tell you you've fallen in with a good bunch of fun people.. (for the most part.. there are a couple for whom Superintendent Chalmers remark about Seymour Skinner seems apt: "The stick up that man's ass must have a stick up it's ass!")

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

You are the same age as my son. Thank umm...whoever, I left when I was your age with my two children. They don't remember very much about it.

Glad you are here with us Evil Apostates.

Also, good deal pulling your wife out with you. You did good son.

lisa

if we were keeping score:

Jeehoba.... -1

Evil Apostates...... +2

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Mouthy - your reasoning could equally be used to 'prove' that pastafarians are right and the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything with his noodly appendage. Why not believe that intead?

welcome to the board Mr Bangs-the-chicks as I shall call you from hereon.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"most of the Old Testament is ridiculous"

Nice starting point for someone claiming to be a Christian ..................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit