Delroy Grant the "Nightstalker"

by cantleave 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the word is definitely is that he is a Dub , period.Besty comes from an area of South East London that we are both very well acquainted with. A very close work colleague of mine (living in Bromley)had the police around his place about 4 years ago , they were conducting door to door enquiries, and old lady was one of his victims a couple of streets away, as most of his victims were attacked at night and my mate works late shifts with me his own wife could have been a victim as they are in their late 50's, the police say he could have attacked 60 in one year alone. My JW mum and sister are keeping very quiet on this as they very likely know them, so far my voicemail has been unreturned.

• nelly136
    nelly136
    http://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/content/bromley/times/news/story.aspx?brand=BMLYTOnline&category=news&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsbmlyt&itemid=WeED03%20Jun%202010%2012%3A47%3A43%3A897
    A 52-YEAR-OLD accused of being the 'Night Stalker' is expected to answer a plea next Thursday.

Jehovah's Witness Delroy Grant, of Brockely Mews, Brockley, faces 22 charges including rape and sexual assault of elderly people spanning a 17-year period.

He is due to enter a plea at Inner London Crown Court next Thursday.

The father-of-seven is charged with five counts of rape, six counts of indecent assault, 10 burglaries and one burglary with intent to rape.

He had been due to enter a plea on April 30 but the case was adjourned for legal argument. He was charged on November 22 last year.

The offences took place across south London between 1992 and 2009 and include attacks in Orpington, Bromley and Beckenham.

Police have scrupulously gathered statements and video evidence from victims over the years fearing that many would not be able to appear in court because of their age.

Six potential victims have died in the time it has taken for anyone to be charged.
  • nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jun/21/night-stalker-suspect-denies-rape

A former minicab driver today denied raping and sexually assaulting a string of elderly women.

Delroy Grant, 52, of Honor Oak, south-east London, pleaded not guilty to a series of offences between 1992 and 2009.

He appeared at the Old Bailey to face charges of rape, indecent assault and burglary.

Grant, a full-time carer for his estranged wife Jennifer, who has multiple sclerosis, was held by police in the early hours of 15 November last year.

He was interviewed by Scotland Yard detectives hunting a criminal dubbed the "Night Stalker".

Grant is accused of breaking into his victims' homes before subjecting them to sex attacks.

He is charged with three rapes, one attempted rape, seven indecent assaults, 16 burglaries and two attempted burglaries, involving a total of 18 victims.

The alleged offences took place in Warlingham, Shirley, Beckenham, Bromley, Addiscombe, Orpington and West Dulwich between October 1992 and May last year.

The inquiry set up to catch the Night Stalker was named Operation Minstead and opened in 1998.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

London minicab driver accused of 'Night Stalker' attacks denies multiple rapes

A former minicab driver has denied raping and sexually assaulting a string of elderly women in London's so-called 'Night Stalker' attacks.

Telegraph 21 June 2010

Delroy Grant, 52, of Brockley Mews, Honor Oak, south-east London, pleaded not guilty to a series of offences between 1992 and 2009.

He appeared in custody at the Old Bailey to face charges of rape, indecent assault and burglary.

Grant, a full-time carer for his estranged wife Jennifer, who has multiple sclerosis, was held by police in the early hours of November 15 last year.

He was interviewed by a team of Scotland Yard detectives hunting a criminal dubbed the Night Stalker.

Grant is accused of breaking into his victim's homes before subjecting them to sex attacks. He is charged with three rapes, one attempted rape, seven indecent assaults, 16 burglaries and two attempted burglaries, involving a total of 18 victims.

The alleged offences took place in Warlingham, Shirley, Beckenham, Bromley, Addiscombe, Orpington and West Dulwich between October 1992 and May last year.

The inquiry set up to catch the Night Stalker was named Operation Minstead and opened in 1998.

The attacker broke into the homes of pensioners, often disabling phone and electricity lines, before subjecting them to horrific ordeals. Grant, who wore a dark-blue striped suit, shirt and tie, spoke only to confirm his name during the 25-minute hearing.

• Black Sheep
  • Gill
    Gill

I believe that Delroy Grant's trial begins on March 1st of this year.

Apparantly, it is 'all persecution from Satan', but that's just my parents' opinion!

• Gill
    Gill

Tuesday 1 March

• The trial of Delroy Grant, the so-called Night Stalker, is listed to start at Woolwich Crown Court. Grant faces 29 charges for a series of sexual offences and burglaries between 1992 and 2009. We expect case management and the jury swearing-in to take two days, so we should open our case on Thursday morning.

If you go to the CPS Diary page you will find that the trial is due to commence tomorrow, as above.

Interesting times to know exactly what will come out and how many poor victims their may have been in total. He may have attacked as many as 200 + elderly people.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will be following with great interest.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What a sicko. Burglary is one thing, but to sexually assult old ladies as well???

If he wanted some sex, why not see a prostitute? Get a lover?

• Gill
    Gill

CantLeave and Broken Promises - I find this a very worrying case simply because I have some elderly JW relatives who are in complete denial of this case. I am not so bothered about the younger JW relatives as I think they will be able to take all the flack that may come their way. But the elderly ones may be in for quite a shock.

If Grant actually used going out on the Misery to choose his victims JWs may be in for a lot of grief. This investigation to find him took may years and was a huge challenge for the Police who interviewed Grant early on, only to release him. What if they released him simply because he was a JW?

Anyway, time will tell but this will hit the headlines big time and cause a huge stir in the UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit