Hi, Im newly out

by carpediem 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hi and welcome. Glad to hear you got out and free now. It's been about 5 years for me. When I found out how sorry the organization was, it took me about 2 months to leave. So many sincere ones still in. Some will never leave even tho they know it's wrong. My Daughter for one. Hope to see a lot more like you on here.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    If I think you're wrong, you're wrong. And if you deny God and the Bible, lady, you are dead wrong.

There's no doubt you're a real charmer jonothan dough, and so modest!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

data not applicable CARPEDIEM!!!!

Dough, a Deer, a Dumbass Deer! just say welcome then BACK OFF the new posters dude... save the debating for another thread!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Attacking people with your opinions is wrong. They won't listen to a blusterer.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome! This is a great place to come and realize that you are not alone.

I too have just stopped going after being a JW for 45 years back in March. Pedophiles did it for me.

My hubby is still in and I am working on him. It is hard two steps forward one step back.

The freedom is so great that you feel.

Do not let the debaters get you down on this board, that can happen but there are some very great people here also.

Take care. LITS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi carpe diem. I see you have upset our Jonathan already. You are going to fit in well.

Cheers

Chris

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome!

Blessings,

Stephen

• blondie
    blondie

Fading doesn't necesarrily mean leaving over time. It can be just an synonym for being "inactive." That can mean just stopping going to the meetings and door to door even quite abruptly but doing nothing to be df'd or da'ing for the moment. Many people have been missing meetings anyway and slowing down without a goal to "fading" but just because they are doubting or depressed about it.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Bigoted

obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions

I really dont think that was a broad view. I think it was perfectly concise. - I am sure others would agree.

I dont think people come out of controlling religons to be then told how to worship and if they don't they are wrong. - besides, you are using religious quotes to prove religion. - kind of nullifies itself ..

its like me using Tescos strapline to prove Tesco is a good place to shop.

• carpediem
    carpediem

Thanks so much for the very warm welcome. It is nice to know there are so many in the same situation as me. In my KH I didnt know anybody with doubts, let alone wanting to leave. It is so refreshing to meet some like minded folk.

Jonathan Dough - Hi. If you believe in the Bible and an intelligent creator, all well and good. I dont. I need proof. I dont get the absent Father and cloak and dagger act. If he was there surely he would make sure we absolutely knew that and werent left guessing. His silence speaks volumes. As for being wrong, none of us can say for certain that anyone is wrong. We can only say we think they are because of the opinions we have formed, based on the way we interpret the evidence (or lack of).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit