Hi, Im newly out

by carpediem 54 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    a loving God would leave us with nothing more than a book about how to live the right way.

There's more there than you might imagine. Just don't read the NWT. Sorry you feel dissilusioned, but I think your definition of bigotry is a bit too broad.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Love your name "Seize The Day" in Latin. I've been out now almost 9 yrs. I remember when I first stopped all the meetings the incredible amount of free time I suddenly had. It was so great, I could actually take time to shake the cobwebs from my mind from the shear lack us reasoning prohibited to us. I remember sitting out on my back porch on a thursday evening in the summer hearing the neighbor children playing down the street. I was alone my husband had take our two boys and went to the meeting without me. I felt such a strange sense of peace with God at that moment knowing I was making the right move. I thought I've not abandoned anything but a man made organization, and the freedom and the appreciation for that freedom came fast. It was the beginning of a new life for me. Welcome to the boards, take it very slowly with your husband and friend. Don't do anything to raise their alarm and fear hackles or they will shut you out and won't be able to listen.

Ruth

• flipper
    flipper

CARPEDIEM- Welcome to the board my friend ! I too exited suddenly, just stopped cold turkey 6 years ago due to injustices and I couldn't believe it was God's organization anymore. It takes more courage to leave than to stay because of the flak we receive over leaving. But hang in there sis, hopefully hubby and your friend will come around in time. Look forward to reading your posts . Take care , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yeah, all for pulling off that band aid, and boy does it smart after sitting there full of puss for 40 years. I couldn't pull it off slow either, once you decide, you can't take another minute. Have a great weekend! Keep on working on that husband, there is such great advice on this board . Congratulations on a new life!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Carpe,

I did the same as you and suddenly quit appearing at the khall.

I do wonder about the one on here that can't take no for an answer when you tell them quite clearly that you do not believe the Bible to be inspired and, therefore, won't be using it in worship. No means no, Dough!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    I do wonder about the one on here that can't take no for an answer when you tell them quite clearly that you do not believe the Bible to be inspired and, therefore, won't be using it in worship. No means no, Dough!

I'm not denying your right to believe that. I'm exercising my right to tell you that you are wrong and making the worst mistake of your life.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#trinity-home

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mr. Flipper,

You have a PM.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sorry, Dough, but even when helping our families out of the org we don't attack them with the words, "You are WRONG!" That is what they do to us and we hate it. It is not respectful. It is patronizing. It is a demonstration of poor social grace.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. Boy, there must be something in the water in the UK! It seems most of the newbies are from there. Good luck on your new life. Keep us updated on at least the highlights.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Sorry, Dough, but even when helping our families out of the org we don't attack them with the words, "You are WRONG!" That is what they do to us and we hate it. It is not respectful. It is patronizing. It is a demonstration of poor social grace.

Saying that you're wrong is disrespectful? Oh come on, what am I supposed to say, you're right? If I think you're wrong, you're wrong. And if you deny God and the Bible, lady, you are dead wrong. You might look up the definition of "patronizing" because it doesn't fit the context of your point, and as far as poor social grace, then I stand in good company. Jws are wrong, too. I'm not singling you out. Maybe if you did tell the ones in the organization that they are wrong instead of tip-toeing around the issues you might have better success in freeing them. Of course they will hate it. Who wants to admit they were gullible enough to join a cult? That is the nature of the beast.

If you are an atheist or hate God, you are wrong. And if you deny Scripture, you are wrong; as a matter of fact, you are anti-Christ. No room for equivocation.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit