"not a good example"

by LoriJis 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• deemoo
    deemoo

Just WOW. It's stories like this that affirm to me that I will never be a Witness.

The org gets to decide who will be at your wedding?! My mind is boggled.

Backstory: I'm studying with the Witnesses to learn about beliefs, but have made it clear to them that I will never become one.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yes, you're life will be hell, miserable

• xeracia
    xeracia

Heh my cousin got married at her parents house. I still was not invited because I am DA'd. And yet my worldly aunt was invited, even though she used to attend meetings but was never baptized. Yes I knew stuff like this would happen when I wrote the letter to DA myself. It still made me angry. So give your husband a little slack. This religion is irritating and makes absolutely no sense. I've been out of it for ten years and there are still days that things happen that cause me to be angry due to their tactics.

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

xeracia

Thanks i will give him some slack - it was just very frustrating

creativhoney

No we havent been married long. We got married almost 2 months ago and he's been a fader for a while and i'm just starting so that has a lot to do with it too. But i will be supportive.

Thanks everyone for your words - i needed to vent and didnt know who to vent to........

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A friend of mine and his fiance were studying and were to be baptized at the next district convention. They were to be married the week before the convention and they let them use the hall. He asked his family to be in the wedding party, on the platform of course, and the elders said yes. Then after he asked them all the elders changed their mind because his wordly brother had a beard. They wouldn't let them use the hall until he unasked the family to be in his wedding. Don't think the fan wasn't hit with the proverbial poop. W.Once

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

did anyone say CONTROL!!!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

for f*cks sake.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is all kind of silly. Even the most stringent of most mainstream religions only requires certain things of the bride and groom. They don't give 2 nickels of thought to what religion the bridal party are. They don't check on bridesmaids and groomsmen to see if they attend services or engage in activity disapproved by the church.

This is the JW Cult in their way. For family to see a Kingdom Hall wedding, most will obey the rules. For brothers to be brothers, they might have to get hitched at a reception hall or City Hall.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LoriJis,

You two are in a tough situation TOGETHER. You both will have plenty of WTF moments ahead, but you'll get through it... TOGETHER. Even if you can't understand what he's thinking sometimes, be patient with him. I'm guessing there will be some times when he won't understand what you're thinking either , hopefully he'll be patient with you.

And just remember this... I am as unqualified at giving marriage advice as any other single dude at the local Kingdumb Haul.

• IronHill
    IronHill

Thanks everyone...

I do know how things work, and i was expecting this news.

Oh well...just a lil upset cause he's my brother and he was my best man. But to each his own. Im no longer upset. Atleast i'm still invited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit