Is internet dating for losers?

by Newborn 82 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Is internet dating for losers?

Yes, but then again, so is normal dating. Unless you won the genetic lottery, odds are men/women are not flocking to your door and staring in awe everywhere you go. In this since, you are to some degree a loser in the genetic lottery - i.e., you're not perfect.

So don't worry about what 'is' and 'isnt' for losers. For some people sex toys are for losers, higher up it's internet dating, and above that if you don't make 500k a year and own your own private jet, you are a loser (and indeed, compared to them, you are.) Calling people 'losers' because they happen to be slightly less well off financially or geneticly than you is an elitist and essentually evil thing to do which is poplular our culture.

Just go try it out and see if it works for you (just stay smart about meeting strangers.) Don't worry so much about what the popular kids are doing.

- Lime

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

To echo the immortal words of Chuck Norris:

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't know. Internet dating seems to welcome those you wouldn't normally meet in life - kinda like leaving your front door open and letting strangers walk in, but then again ... I've made some friends too. It's a mixed bag. It just has this forced and desperate feeling to it ... I think I'll just stop looking and just let things happen naturally.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I kind of agre with sacolton.

I think internet dating is like going in a bar - but imagine that everyone in the bar assumes they have the right to hit on you, because you catch their eye.

its like that. someone messages you , you are polite, and reply - and then when they ask you for coffee and you say no, they cant understand it.

I relied to someone that he wasnt my type and he said, oh so honest one woman hard working man who would treat you right isnt your type? you must be weird - jesus, its as if because you are on there you have foregone your right to say now.

the difference with a site thats non dating, like this, is you meet people and talk to them in a non pressured context. it is possible to make good friends online, but dating sites are just too predatory.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Creativhoney...LOL!!! They say girth is the main thing, but I would think length has alot to do with it! I was lucky that my ex husband was good in both areas...hehe.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no but the free ones probably are.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

from the first page:

Newborn wrote: ... on the sites I've been on you create your own profile, with photo preferably, which mostly contains info such as, age, length, eye color etc

Length? Length of what???

Just what sites are you registered on?

-Aude.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the internet is good for getting NSA relationships, but slim pickins for matchmaking or finding your dream guy or girl.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I had another weird email today

Hope all is well.Like your profile,and wanted to say hello.Im David fun single genuine and normal.Which seems to be a novelty on a internet dating site.Im also looking for a relationship even more of a rareity.Anyway as you can probably gather ive met one or 3 cadburys whole nuts.Im just looking for a genuine normal woman.Think i have more chance of winning the lottery without buying a ticket.Its not that bad but ive been on a date with chewbacca a lady who proposed marriage after 12 minutes.And cousin it from the adams family why meeee.Oh and not forgetting the can I have the keys to your house I can move in 2 days.

My msn is {REMOVED} and I hope we get a chance to get to know each other.Im more a talker than a type.Hope the week is going well xx David

thing is it may not sound that weird but he meaaged me once before telling me how much he spent on his friends, and how much his swarovski collection was worth, and I didnt care. - he looks odd and he sounded odder.

My flippant response was.. I take it you dont like hairy women then..

and he said..

wow a nine word answer, Im honoured.

so I said, make it ten, Bye.

then he said wow you can spell.

er. words up to four letters? special needs???

dating sites are full of wierdos.

feel free to email him all and pretend to be hot sexy women. ;)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

creativhoney - you posted someone's personal info (email address) in your last post - an invasion of privacy and violation of posting policy #9.

If you cannot edit it, please have a mod edit it out.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit