Is internet dating for losers?

by Newborn 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

After almost a year of internet dating on various sites, I've concluded that it's not the place for me to meet the man of my dreams

Anyway, I'm happy I've given it a shot and I've gained lots of experience and even made a few male friends

Anyone here who's had better luck?

/Newborn

• sspo
    sspo

No, it's been two years but then i don't try too hard to meet people.

Waiting for that perfect woman!

• Newborn
    Newborn

I'm sure you'll find her sspo!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Welcome to the club. I've put myself on a few top singles dating sites and nothing. I guess I'm destined to walk the earth alone.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

you arent a loser I will share my experience momentarily :D you will laugh....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

newborn...I did eHarmony for 13 months. I went on dates with two different women, twice with each one...there was no connection..nice gals...just not for me. I emailed and spoke on the phone with several others. The last one I had a phone/IM/email friendship for a year after I quit eHarmony...but we never clicked.... she was 5 hours away...but lived in the same town as my youngest brother...

..what it did do was get me into the dating scene and out of the JW mindset of "dating"...if not for that I dont know that I would have met my fiancee.... who was under my nose the entire time...lived and worked within 2 miles of my house and I seen several times a week at her job...

...go figure... good luck with you

snakes (Rich )

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I've always wondered what kinds of questions those dating sites ask. My significant other wouldn't appreciate if I went on there, so I'll live through you guys if that's okay? How do they pair you up with people? I'm really curious about the questions they ask you. I've had a few friends sign up for those dating sites & have had some great dates, though nothing lasting.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Sacolton! You're a catch! I'm sure you'll meet someone someday

creativhoney: look forward to your story

sitt: Congrats!!!

Awsnap: on the sites I've been on you create your own profile, with photo preferably, which mostly contains info such as, age, length, eye color etc then your education degree (optional), hobbies, favourite book, favourite vacation, what you're looking for in a partner and so on...but you'll never know if you have chemistry or not before you meet irl...I've chatted with many guys who I've been thinking could be the one but then felt nothing when I met them...
    Then there are a lot nut cases out there but that's another story

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I've been on a handful of dates using plentyofish and facebook. I think if you go with an open mind and no expectations you can have a good date. I see it as just another way to meet someone, but not an exclusive way.

I did have a short relationship through meeting someone from them, i think that it's a good way to get a feel for the personality before you meet, at least you'd have something to talk about as you know a bit about them already.

The drawback though is that you don't know whether or not you're going to fancy them, or whether there is chemistry. I've had a couple of dates that didn't live up to what i was expecting, they say the camera never lies...whoever invented that saying needs shooting.

Paul

• Newborn
    Newborn

they say the camera never lies...whoever invented that saying needs shooting.

I'm 100% with you on that one!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit