Wife fully awake.

by cappytan 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

We are trying to figure out where to go from here.

Cappy, this is indeed good news. Anything further I say here is not meant to pee on your parade. Just perhaps a little premature. That said, it may be helpful to give you some sense of direction on “where to go from here”.

If one leaves the JW religion but still embraces the unquestioned belief that a ruthless tribal deity is responsible for everything including your future, then IMHO any 'change' is only superficial and you are still in for a lot of trouble.

I suggest you both exchange time spent with Bible reading and religious texts, with long hikes and walks in the woods, along with a gentle practice of being silently present in and with the moment.

Congratulations!

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I suggest you both exchange time spent with Bible reading and religious texts, with long hikes and walks in the woods, along with a gentle practice of being silently present in and with the moment.

I'm currently exploring Buddhist philosophy, so "being silently present in and with the moment" is precisely what I'm trying to do.

She's not quite to the point yet to abandon theism, although she has stopped praying.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    3 years ago I thoughts that JW's was one of the better religions. Today I am very happy to learn that people are leaving for good. Have a great life together in this new exciting chapter of your life,
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

CT: She's not quite to the point yet to abandon theism, although she has stopped praying.

I've heard several ex-JWs say it takes about one month for every year they were in the religion to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

YMMV!

Best wishes,

Oubliette

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It's time to change your profile pic to something cheerier!
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Congrats! You two should do an AMA over at the exjw sub reddit.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    That's awesome.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

It's time to change your profile pic to something cheerier!

You should set the example FayeDunaway.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    slave I don't even know how!! Nothing frustrates me as much as technology (besides the JW cult)
  • pronomono
    pronomono

Just saw this. I'm happy for the both of you Cappytan. I shared the PBS and ABC segments with my wife too, but I don't know if she fully watched them. She probably just skimmed the transcript. She did say she wondered why the two were out in service together with Candace being so young. I told her it's not that uncommon, especially when it's a close family friend that you trust.

Even though there's not much in the open aside from our talks last year where I explained my doubts, I'm having some small progress. I can count the number of meetings I've been to this year on one hand. My wife says that she's going to the meetings, but the day of there's always some excuse as to why she can't go, so we don't. Less indoctrination is a good thing. Baby steps for us...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit