Wife fully awake.

by cappytan 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• cappytan
    cappytan

I learned this past week that my wife is now awake.

what did it? I just shared the PBS Newshour segment with her with no comment other than something along the lines of, "JW story on PBS."

She is furious at the arrogance of these men.

Thats what happens when you get a momma angry!

We are trying to figure out where to go from here. I told her about the support I've found on this forum and will be introducing it to her.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Cappytan - you must be doing the happy dance right about now!

Good thing you married a Mama Bear.

:)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's truly wonderful news. Good for her. Yay girl power!

I wish more women would wake up.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Oh and she is also 100% aware of how apostate I am now. And she's okay with it.

I have to admit that this big guy cried a little when I spilled all of my feelings and she didn't bat an eye and said she was sticking with me.

I know how lucky I am. I hope for every dude out there waiting for his wife to wake up gets to someday experience this feeling.

P.S. If it weren't for cognitive therapy, I may never have opened up to her like I did. I'll always be grateful to my therapist for that.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Way to go ..........
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

WOW!

I am incredibly happy for you. Many heres husband or wife is completely the opposite. I too felt incredibly happy to find out my wife was supportive and loved me more than the religion.

it is a whole new freedom. Now you can do what you need to as a team. Remember doubt will creep up on her. Just stay the course, and her own personal journey may not be anything like yours. (my wife had her own things to work out). So be patient still.

• flipper
    flipper
    CAPPYTAN- Fantastic news ! I'm so happy for her and you. A beautiful thing. Good luck in the days and years ahead
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Oh Man! That must be like getting a new wife. Its true they can be 'won over without a word'.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Lucky bastard! Way to go! So happy to see couples beating this cult intact!
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Great news!! I am so happy for you both!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit