A debate for S.O.M

by Lillith26 86 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Homosexuality may not agree with some bible verses. - I suppose we cannot even quote the words of jesus because he didnt write any of the bible, - indeed he was quoted through others. - and that is indisputable. but we were all given free will and free choice, and as far as I am concerned, a gay person may who is leading a happy life and doesnt hurt others, is more acceptable to god than an over righteous zealot who calls down evil upon others.

there are so many trains of thought with religion, and most of it doesnt agree with homosexuality, it just makes room for it, and that may be contrversial and upset some but it is true. - however, IF God is real, his son died for EVERYONE, - and all have the opportunity whoever they are to seek out what their own spirituality means to them.

I dont think that christianity is the only way. - I think as usual its the white mans answer to taking over the world (depsite its roots before anyone wants to tell me they came from judaism) - and there is room for all belief systems, - you cant simply write off the rest of the whole world as being false - I think thats so bigoted, and thats the cause of most wars through the ages.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    I do not even want to discuss the unclean act of men being with men. It is disgusting.......

What if both men have a bath beforehand and the receiver uses an enema, is it still unclean then?

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

LouBelle, thankyou for your input, I know that most christian faiths teach this, from a bible standpoint... I get why homosexuality is portrayed in that light (as bad), but I do not agree.

I am a deist of sorts (I believe in God- but not as the bible describes/teaches ). I see purpose and cycles in the creation.... We are born of the earth, we live here for a time, then our bodies die and return to the earth (I cant say for certain what happens next or what came before)...

I see a natural purpose and need for couples to exist who cant 'procreate' for many logical reasons (as well as for the more romantic ones)... couples who can not produce children are available to raise the children of parents who may have died, it also helps to maintain a sustainable population... also- you dont get a say in who you fall in love with. I married a man because I fell in love with a man, if he were a woman... I still would have married him/her (if was legal- the relationship would exist regardless)...

Not all partnerships, marriages are based on sexual activities... some are life long friends/companions who love each other deeply and choose to share their lives together....

Sex is just sex! But making love is a physical act of expressing that love shared by two concenting adults (regardless if they are both the same 'gender' or not). Making love is not a dirty subject, although some faiths teach this to be so......

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

This was a debate based upon the "Christian" bible. If you form your own beliefs or practices contrary to what is taught in Christianity then you are "not" Christian so why even debate it with a "Christian".

You cannot change what is written in the bible to conform to "your" way of life. Live your own life the way you prefer and in the end GOD will tell us which one He approves.

I feel this will be enough to put an end to this discussion.......so be it.

t.f.d.s.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

you haven't answered my query on uncleaness yet

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I raised this debate, as you debate with non christians constantly using your bible, so I figured this would would have been a fair discussion... I did state quite clearly in the very first post on this thread, that I am NOT a Christian...

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Zombie... cleanliness is next too godliness LOL I'd wash it first

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

you haven't answered my query on uncleaness yet

And I am not going to......
  • Son of Man
    Son of Man

I raised this debate, as you debate with non christians constantly using your bible, so I figured this would would have been a fair discussion... I did state quite clearly in the very first post on this thread, that I am NOT a Christian...

Many people on this forum walked away from a Christian-based religion namely J.W.'s It is obvious who they are so many topics based on Christianty are posted here. That is where I respond........
  • Lillith26
    Lillith26

Are you suffering from short term memory loss? I watched you pounce on a new members thread earlier 'condemning him' before he even had a change to state what he believed, with your homophobic ranting so you only respond to biblical questions?????? could have fooled me!

You can not 'unlearn' truth... but you can walk away from lies......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit