A debate for S.O.M

by Lillith26 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I am not a christain, but I do read the bible and believe myself to be a reasonabily moral person. I have homosexual friends and relatives and would like to see just One bible passage where Jesus himself says "men should not lay with men".... perhaps I may have missed it- or perhaps you practice Paulianity instead of Christianity??????

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Son of Man?????????

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder why you did not include "homosexual" in the topic title?

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I am simply raising the question... did Jesus say NO to practising homosexuality or NOT? Perhaps if my topic title was "I'm Gay and Jesus Loves Me" it would have stirred more interest??

• blondie
    blondie

I think it would have been more directly to a transference of the discussion on the other thread.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

28 And I give them everlasting life, and they will by no means ever be destroyed, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Here is the scripture you asked for, have a good night

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

True... how do I put a link on the other thread to here??? to direct the traffic, so that others can welcome Yosisoy without further hijacking happening.... (I am not very techie) would you mind posting one for me Bolndie? I would be very greatful for the tech support

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

SOM- the passage doesn't mention HOMOSEXUALITY............... I ask for laws and you leave with riddles???

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

SOM- the passage doesn't mention HOMOSEXUALITY............... I ask for laws and you leave with riddles???

Jesus has stated many many times that he did nothing of his own accord. Jesus was directed by his Father "completely". There is no way that Jesus would teach contrary to his Fathers Law. A house divided cannot stand, and Jesus came to fulfill the Laws of his Father. Whatever GOD approves of or condems, Jesus does also. That is what Jesus meant when he stated that he and The Father are "one".

Heavenly Father, let "Your" Will take place in the heavens and upon the earth. GOD's Will will take place, not that of Jesus. However Jesus acknowledges the Will of his Father.....

t.f.d.s.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

As I remeber it.. the will of the Father demands and eye for an eye... But the Son teaches to be loving and kind to your enemies- no more 'eye for an eye'.... are you stating that Jesus taught this against his fathers will????

The laws you spoke of were written by 'the scribes hands', not by the hands of the Father.... If what the 'scribes' had written remained truth- there would have been NO need for Jesus to come in the first place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit