Demonic Possesion of Inaminate Objects

by cantleave 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

This is a phenonoma often discussed by JW's. How unique is this idea to JW's?

Anyone got any good stories on this subject?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I know its a powerful belief. all I know I have never had demonic encounters but when I was a JW, I did have a fear, like most. - when we were young and married, we studied with this italian guy who always said hed seen jesus in his bedroom and ghosts. - well one day he gave us a coffee table. - I was only 20 at the time, I remember one night having a nightmare, - you know the kind where you get that horrible malevolent feeling? - evil. - well I woke up terrified, there was a shadowy ghost on my stairs in the dream, and it was so vivid, - because of my witness beliefs at the time, I knew the ghost in my dream was a demon, evil and malevolent. - well for weeks, I wouldnt be in the house on my own, my dream had affected me that much. incidentally I got rid of the table, but only because it was glass and it showed fingermarks and it had a horrid silver tubular base - but the day I got rid of it, I was ok in the house on my own. - for years after It occured to me in hindsight that the table had a thing about it.. - but that was only after the whole event. not during or before. - now lol I dont know what it was all about..

I never had much patience for all the people who said demons sat on them in the night - I always assumed they had mental health problems or sleep terrors. - I honestly never took them that seriously as a lot of witnesses see demons everywhere, and almost seem proud, as if its a measure of their spirituality.

once I gave a matress to a friend and she later burned it saying it was possessed because her daughter just wouldnt lift her head off the pillow. the suggestion I added that maybe puberty or general bone idleness had something to do with it was of course laughed off, and the matress destroyed. -

which leads me to the idea that a lot of witnesses seek objects to blame their trouble on rather than dealing with it. - our child was caught stealing... muct have been that book they brought home from the library. burn it and make them explain to school..

• Rumspringa
    Rumspringa

Check out the HAPPYDUB "Demon-Detector" listed at the bottom of "active topics/Jokes & Humour".

Demons will no longer be a problem. Now why did'nt they have those when i was in the org?

R.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Never saw a demon when I was a dub. Never saw a demon when I wasn't a dub.

I'd like to meet a demon to get their side of the story. So far, we only have God's version. Such as it is.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

From my sister's My Little Pony's, to Smurfs their has always been talk of this. One sister of mine said she recieved a vase that was demonic. Later she said she felt like a demon was choking her and her husband went to go help but his feet stuck to the floor. Apparently I think its all delusional fear instilled in us by the Governing Body. Nobody I know now as a Ex-Jw as ever experienced anything like that even when purposely going into so-called haunted area's. I've done alot of research on this after posting the old smurf ran out of the KH and exploded into flames rumor. Psycologist say that we see things with our mind as well as our eyes. Fear being the most contributing factor being infused in our mind by the GB can cause JW's to see things like these objects of demonic possesion. To simply sum it up. Its not real, but it may be real to the one seeing it. Just as when we dream with our sub conscience mind we see and feel things when we dream. When fears in us are so strong the subconscience mind influences our senses to where it makes us see and feel things that are not real.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Demons are everywhere..Including 2nd hand shops..

2nd hand Clothing..2nd hand Tools..2nd hand Hardware..

In 2nd hand Hardware shops,you can buy 2nd hand Toilets..

That have been removed from demolished homes and apartments..

Demons hide in those Toilets!..

When you sit on a 2nd hand Toilet..

Demons like to Tickle your Bum!Moony 1

Fainting

...................... ...OUTLAW

• KidKool
    KidKool

I had that fear as a young JW raised to believe such things. Thought I had an encounter at about the age of 8 with a stuffed animal, which my parents promptly threw away.

Many other religions Ive visited do believe in the same thing, like a person has a bad spirit on them and like such things.

Took me a while before I could watch any horror movies after leaving the JW's. But time heals most wounds- especially if you get away from the thing wounding you. So I can say now, I am finally free from fear of all these irrational things, at least to a "normal" level.

Its kind of funny how the JW's fear things, that mostly only little children fear. Glad I made it past that.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

When my sister had a nervous breakdown in '03, my grampa came over and decided to remove the "wicked influence" from our house by throwing away almost all of my dragon t-shirts. It was funny how the most dragon-covered shirt I owned, but never wore in public, was safe from the Great T-shirt Purge of '03.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

KidKool: Took me a while before I could watch any horror movies

I have the same experience. Even if I no more at the intellectual level believed in the supernatural at all, I still at the emotional level had this fear (as a born-in jw) for more than five years. Consider it as a bonus: Those (stupid) movies were then really scary.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I was told that a photograph of a clown would fly around in the home of a Jehovah's Witness, causing terrible distress to the entire family.

The elders were called over and they became white as ghosts when showed the photograph. They instructed the JW family to get rid of the photograph.

So being an obedient JW family, they took the photograph with them in a paper bag, and set out in the car. When they reached the outskirts of town they threw the photograph out the window of the moving car, paper bag and all, in to the countryside.

When they arrived home later that evening, after stopping for a delightful family dinner at the local hamburger diner, they were horrified to find the same photograph outside of the paper bag and propped up in the middle of their dining room table. Needless to say, the family was absolutely terrified. What would they do next? They decided to to put the photograph underneath a stack of very heavy books (bound volumes no less) and then they all headed off to bed.

Wouldn't you know what happened next? That nasty little photograph worked its way out from under the stack of Watchtowers and started flying around the room like some kind of crazy paper airplane. The family was awakened by sound of the photograph cutting though the air and banging in to the walls and ceiling. Clutching one another's hands the family made their way down the stairs and of course the photograph stopped flying around and tucked itself back under the stack of bound volumes.

What happened next is just too frightening to reveal. We'll save the riveting conclusion of this story for another occasion, but I thought it would be appropriate to share at least this part of the story since we are talking about demons and inanimate objects.

Cheers,

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit