What is it with men?...

by highdose 48 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Perhaps

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I think with me its because I dated younger men, so to go from a man 25 years older than the last one Id feel like Id been jipped! - I dont know about the money thing- i think being with a man for his money is tantamount to being a whore. Im single and Id love a nice affluent bloke, but thats chance, because Id have to love them first. dont rule out older than me, but Im pretty kiddish myself, and I dont want to be with someone all stuck in their ways. I know thats not everyone though!

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

1) not wanting to ask for directions

2) getting a kick out of seeing people blown up in movies

3) ... need i mention the toliet seat???

ladies your turn...

I think these are too cliche........need something more creative (IMO)
  • John Doe
    John Doe

Oh come on som. Don't set your expectations too highly--remember you're talking to women.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I dated a few older men and it was great for a time, the sex was hot, they thought I was hot, going out was great. But afterwhile it got not so hot cuz the men were stuck in their ways and would start to treat me as a child because of our age difference. I dated older men for two years. I decided I had had enough when I was close to 25 and the doorman at my design school asked me out - I think he had to be about 20 years older than me and I turned him down. After that I dated men closer to my age and two years lated married my hubby who's a year older than me.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

my last BF was 12 years younger. but didnt look it, kind of young man thats gruff and hairy lol. but its too young because he didnt want to be tied down. broke my heart, we had six months apart and but Im so glad I gained perspective, we are friends again now, and I can just appreciate him for who he is. - upshot for me, someone around my age, similar interests, and a bit on the wild side. :)

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I was bemoaning my singleness (an admitted passing moment of self pity) last night to a good friend (female). I was frustrated at watching some amazing women chase after a coupole of complete jerks, throwing themselves at these idiots.

I was then lectured by my friend that I need to become more needy. That's right I am too well-adjusted and self-suffient. If I want women chasing after me I need to come across as someone who needs help (aka mothering) or needs 'fixing.'

My response, if that is what those women want, they are not the ones I am looking for. So it is all good.

What is it with women? Hmm maybe I should have posted this in the other thread.

Uzzah - of the 'guy who doesn't usually need directions but has asked for them when all else fails and does like his action flicks' class.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    lol frozen one, contrary to what men think, driving bentleys does not make fat unattractive old mem sexy. - but it gives them the confidence to try it on with women who just arent interested lol. I had a guy hit on me the other week with an Aston Martin Vanquish S and we were all in and he tried to kiss me, well I can only say he lunged in and it felt like a dog had licked my face. Ugh I said thats not how you kiss someone, - he sulked for the rest of the evening, I think he thought because he had the car he didnt need to work on anything else hehe.

Good call. He thought the car would be a ticket in. It's funny how many guys I've seen with really nice rides just get absolutely shafted when they boldly try to hit on women. A nice car can definitely help seal the deal, but it's not everything. Next chump:

a guy piched my backside in a pub last week. I spun round and said what the hell do you think you are doing? in fact I got a bit agressive, I said, keep your hands to yourself and dont ever touch me again. he stammered er er er and then shouted F*** off really loud in my face, but nonetheless he went away and didnt bother me again.

Never ever, EVAR touch a woman unless you've playfully broken the touch barrier. I never had some chick cuss me out, but I've learned how not to approach a girl in a public place. This guy needs to figure that out as well. Next chump:

once I went on a date with this man and it was online dating, when i met he had white hair unlike his photo, was short fat and 15 years older than he claimed. amused I dined with him, but within 5 mins of sitting down he said 'I really want to see you again' and I thought I bet you do you lecherous old pervert, hehe, he kept trying to take my hands until I said, will you just not touch me its making me feel uncomfortable.. I think the evening kind of went downill from there. .

Poor, desperate, old touchy guy. The problems are obvious.

as for the what is it with women... I guess we arent witness women, submissive and towing the line, we can hold our own, - wow we can even get the same education and rates of pay. - and some men just don't like that.. but hey thats how it is on the other side :D

Which is why money shouldn't be the only thing that makes you feel good...someone else will always have more...and then what are you left with?

• TD
    TD

Irritating yes. --But not entirely inexplicable.

1) not wanting to ask for directions

The corollary to asking for directions is that at best, you don't know how to get where you're going and at worst, you're completely lost. That's an admission of weakness that many men don't want to make even when asking for directions is the most sensible thing to do. Of course a smart man will study a map beforehand if he's not sure how to get where he's going, but there's no shortage of stupid men who don't.

2) getting a kick out of seeing people blown up in movies

Yes, when it comes to entertainment, your average man prefers Jet Li over Meg Ryan. Men are intrigued/entertained by life and death situations. It appeals to the primal, survival instinct. Judging by the genres of books and movies that men and women generally favor, I'd say that instinct is a little closer to the surface in men.

3) ... need i mention the toliet seat???

At the point where somebody's butt has gotten wet, two people have forgotten to put the seat down. --Having said that though, living as I do in a house with just females (Only daughters, no sons.) I'm circumspect about putting the seat down.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I was frustrated at watching some amazing women chase after a coupole of complete jerks, throwing themselves at these idiots.

And that is the secret. How do you become the jerk? Figure this out and they'll be chasing after you, too. I don't say this like I'm some sort of pimp, but I am making changes to my personality, and I can see the good effects from it.

I was then lectured by my friend that I need to become more needy. That's right I am too well-adjusted and self-suffient. If I want women chasing after me I need to come across as someone who needs help (aka mothering) or needs 'fixing.'

I don't think that's good advice at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit