Are Jehovah's Witness men good catches?

by garyneal 77 Replies latest social relationships

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

As a JW in good standing, and if you want to stay that way, you had no option but to marry another JW. Looking at a non-JW as a marriage mate just wasn’t on.

The only JW boyfriend I had, and was engaged to, had a one-night stand with a non-JW girl and got her pregnant. I felt pressured to continue with the engagement as he was “sorry” and begged for forgiveness. But ultimately, I couldn’t start a marriage with such a horrible beginning and broke off the engagement. It was also at this time that I had been learning the real truth about “the truth” so I had decided that marrying a full-blown JW just wasn’t for me.

• seawolf
    seawolf

garyneal,

After reading your post and the posts that YKnot wrote concerning the man shortage. Maybe I should've become a witness at an earlier age after all.

I'm not going to lie to you--there are a lot of hot women at the KH. The problem is many of them have family trees that you do NOT want to climb.

I can agree with the society taking a man's balls away. Since I stopped going I grew a pair so big that I have had to put all my monitors on 1' high stands so I can see them since I'm sitting so much higher in my computer chairs now.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

What I've found out that was Witness men like someone who they can dominate. I'm a very independent fading JW. I was raised to believe that the husband is the head and the wife was his subordinate. They do not want someone who has a mind of their own. They play these games to see which potential mate would fawn all over them. I have seen so many "Witless" marriages fail. They allow the "Meddling Elders" to have some say in their personal lives. I know of a few marriages that fell apart from the "lack of taking care of their families support". These men have abandoned "their" families by deserting them. They make their focus on the "truth" rather on their own families. I have even mentioned this to a older elder in my congregation. It's always blah, blah, blah, the two witness rule. I am so sick of the FDS and elders in congretations that don't really pay "Attention to the flock". To me, this is not a game. I don't even think they recognize that I have "SlipnSlided" away.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Oh my God, NO!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

After almost getting married to a jw when I was 18 and the way he broke it off, I never seriously considered the idea of marrying a jw man. To the chagrin of my mother.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

After EXTENSIVE research,Ive come to the conclusion that {for me}a Jewish man was the winner.They are taught from birth to respect and revere women.No strangers to art,peotry,music and radical thinking,and GREAT hair!..lol

• garyneal
    garyneal

Wow, I was perusing my old threads due to being bored and found this one was reasurected 24 days ago.

Thanks for the replies.

BTTT

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I married and divorced one. Will never marry a JW again. Nuff said...lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit