Are Jehovah's Witness men good catches?

by garyneal 77 Replies latest social relationships

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I think my husband is the best man there is. I would only have to agree that ex-JW men are the best. With them you get the family stucture you need with the freedom of living your own life.---------from, JOSH"S WIFE. :)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Your wife and sister in law are making the same mistake that I did; they're taking the WB&TS's description of jw husband's at face value. What I learned from hard won experience is that there are both good and bad people of both genders within the jws. What differenciates them from "worldly" people is that they are under the mind control of insidiously evil cult leaders.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Only if you throw them back in the water.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The ancient Israelite social morals that the JW men attach themselves to, may not make for a balanced relationship in these modern times.

Someone else posted a comment that woman in the JWS organization are very second class people and that females are kept

in submission to the higher statured male husbands. Now does that sound like that would make for a happy and respectful

arrangement for a wife in a marriage ? I know that it didn't make my mother very happy, particularly with my over powering controlling father.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    on the opposite side I think its really unfair to embark on a relationship with a 'worldly' while you are out with the intention of going back once you 'marry them' - I know people who do that, and its just like you then become a different person to the one they met.

That is precisely what has happened in my marraige. When my wife and I first met, I knew that she did not celebrate Christmas because I have an old friend who is now a former JW. So on the first holiday season that we were together, I tried to respect her wishes by asking her whether or not she wanted me to include her in my gift giving plans. Thinking she would say no, I was surprised to hear her tell me that I better not forget her during my holiday shopping. She even came to visit my family for the holidays that year and every year since until this year.

As I said before, they are not doing the 'worldly' people any favors by dating them. Either be a full fledge witness or come out completely.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

@gary, my friend is dating a non witness and she has left but says its definitely the truth despite coming to my mates halloween party and putting a tree up this year. - I hate the people who say you know its right and you should believe it while wearing their halloween devil horns. - she always says once she gets married and 'puts her life straight' she will try and get back. - utter hypocrisy. and then she will try and change the man she met? - you cant enter into a relationship and become someone else, its just really unfair. - I agree with you, do it or dont. - or maybe some poeple find it really hard because of familiies and I sympathise with this, but I dont with the people who pretend to be all spiritual and then they arent.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I think its very dangerous game to play with yourself thinking that well this particular guy does go to the meetings and kind of plays out the role of a JWS.

I've seen so many woman get screwed up when they see any guy at a hall who in their minds would make for a good potential husband, only to realize

the personality at the hall was just fake and plastic, to what the guy is really like.

My sister was one of those hapless victims that got involved with a guy that had a very bad reputation outside of the hall and in his past,

but was only somehow all got covered over by a pretentious white sheet of righteousness.

Woman need to be cautiously aware when they go shopping for partners down at the Kingdom Hall

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes and no. I could never be married to one of the self righteous idiots reminding me he was the head of the family. I am married to a faded, 3rd generation JW. Even when we were "in" he never once pulled the headship card on me, has always supported my every endeavor ( even going back to school which made him quite unpopular at the time). I know JW men I could never live with and I know non Jw men that are jerks too. Funny one of the things that finally got me thinking was, what if something did happen to my husband, I could not survive in that organization single and there are not many of the men I would want. So for the most part I think you will have a better chance of finding a nice/ good man on the outside. The society ruins good men. NMKA

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The JW male is taught to suppress a certain assertiveness that is born to all men in their coming of age. That assertiveness is naturally attractive to women.

FACT! I handed over my balls to the org, now I am taking them back and I have more prospects for dating/relationships than ever before. Growing up in the org, especially if you bought into it as deeply as I did, makes you afraid of girls and afraid of where relationships could lead. But that's all changing now and it feels great.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I could never be married to one of the self righteous idiots reminding me he was the head of the family. I am married to a faded, 3rd generation JW. Even when we were "in" he never once pulled the headship card on me, has always supported my every endeavor ( even going back to school which made him quite unpopular at the time).

I am in a similar position (except my husband is second generation) and we are fading together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit