Lets Debate the Trinity

by UnDisfellowshipped 124 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs from where I stand you seem to have done enough hate spewing, that you should know better than any about racism

• designs
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't see how the Trinity doctrine lead to racisim or the murdering of millions of innocent people...

• designs
    designs

PS, read the writings of Martin Luther and John Calvin and the Church of Rome against the Jews and any others who would not submit to this psychological indoctrination. The intrinsic and nonsegmental nature of the doctrine bred intolerance and sought to cast blame. Fortunately these theological schools were very prolific in expounding their vile ideological views.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Designs,

I understand that, but the trinity was only PART of the problem, it wasn't the WHOLE problem.

The jews, for example, did NOT believe that Jesus was the messiah, they did not believe that he was the SOn of God so, in their case, the trinity was irrelevant, they never "got that far" anyways.

Now, were many branded heretics and presecuted within Christianity because of their non-belief in the Trinity? Yes and what that wrong?

Yes.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Hmm, maybe that's the problem. You're putting your faith in a church. I want to put my faith in God. So could you please quote a few verses from scripture that teach that the "economic aspect of the Trinity includes the created humanity of Jesus, who was not God". I can quote verses all day that say otherwise.

I'm not aware of a single Protestant denomination that would stand behind that statement. It's not the "economic aspect of the Trinity" that I have a problem with, it's the "the created humanity of Jesus, who was not God" that I have a problem with.

DD, that is what the hypostatic union refers to, God-MAN, and since the vast majority of Protestant denominations believe in the hypostatic union, they believe that the "man" part was not God. It solves a lot of problems. And determining how Jesus was human became one of the more vexing issues they wrestled with centuries ago, not his deity. Remember that the Trinity doctrine, which includes the hypostatic nature of Christ, was adopted virtually in its entirety by the reformed churches, the Protestants. “Although a few distinct doctrinal changes were eventually made, the Trinitarian concept emerged relatively unchanged. “The Reformers,” states the New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, “stood upon the ground of the Church catholic” in this matter. That would include such statements one finds, for instance, in the Catholic Encyclopedia, “The humanity of Christ is a creature, it is not God” (ibid., 922). This is where Economic Trinity comes in. Futhermore, Scripture is clear that Jesus HAD to be fully human, and I don't need to cite to you the many referrences in the Bible to Jesus in the flesh because you already know them. But He was not just flesh, and he was not just God. He was a divine person who assumed a human nature, God-man.

So you have to reconcile all the verses that prove Jesus was and is God, and those that clearly show He was human, which he had to be to effectuate redemption. And what they came up with is the hypostatic union, God-MAN.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    DD, study your Church History and the language of the Church of Rome's Mass, study Luther's homelies and Calvin's views against the Jews.
    You're as ignorant as they come about this vile doctrine that has been rallying cry to murder millions of innocent people over the centuries.

You can't blame that on a theory defining the nature of God. The church, sure, but that's like equating God with the Arryan nation just because they carry around a Bible and rally around it. That somehow God approves of lynchings because some people do it in his name.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

jonathan dough

DD, that is what the hypostatic union refers to, God-MAN, and since the vast majority of Protestant denominations believe in the hypostatic union, they believe that the "man" part was not God.
    This is not true. You're making the hypostatic union sound like a 50% 50% mix (A form of Gnosticism or Apollinarianism). Jesus is 100% God and 100% man. From:http://www.theopedia.com/Hypostatic_union God and man forever "Christ's humanity was not a mere fleshly shell that God rented and used for a temporary amount of time. God did not just come to live in flesh as a man, but the 'Word became flesh' (John 1:14). God incorporated human nature into His eternal being. In the incarnation humanity has been permanently incorporated into the Godhead. God is now a man in addition to being God. At the virgin conception God acquired an identity He would retain for the rest of eternity. His human existence is both authentic and permanent. Jesus' humanity is not something that can be discarded or dissolved back into the Godhead, but He will always and forever exist in heaven as a glorified man, albeit God at the same time."

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

This is not true. You're making the hypostatic union sound like a 50% 50% mix (A form of Gnosticism or Apollinarianism). Jesus is 100% God and 100% man.

No, I'm not. I go to great lengths so specifically explain in my treatiese that this is not what the doctrine teaches. Far from it. I also stated clearly that Jesus was/is a divine person that ASSUMED a human nature, not a 50-50 mix. Maybe you should go back and read up on the hypostatic union.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#5

God incorporated human nature into His eternal being. In the incarnation humanity has been permanently incorporated into the Godhead. God is now a man in addition to being God.

What you quoted is what it means when I said He was a divine person who assumed a human nature.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    It is important that you understand this.
    Secondly, and more important, the doctrine of the Trinity teaches that “The humanity of Christ is a creature, it is not God” (ibid., 922). Christ’s full and complete humanity was a necessity, but a humanity that was without sin.

You are stating here, that there is a part of Jesus that is not God.

The humanity of Christ is and always will be God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit