Lets Debate the Trinity

by UnDisfellowshipped 124 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

Not the trinity ...... AGAIN.

As soon as I'm finished typing this, I'm going to bang my head against the wall.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Delivered >>>>Welcome to the board Good to have you join us .

I was not the writer of that article on the Trinity,It is a young
    fellow who named himself at the end of the article.

I found it interesting, & because I am lazy!!!! I just copied & pasted it

http://exjw.weebly.com/ Grace/Mouthy/ Granny!!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Have at it folks. For me its like trying to decide if the tooth fairy is a schitzophrenic. More power to ya. W.Once

• wobble
    wobble

I think god is a Quaternity, not just a trinity.

He consists of The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit and Mankind.

I am sure that given time I can find enough proof from scripture for this, in the form of Quaternitan formulae, prophetic "types" and lots of times where four things are mentioned etc. etc.

I think Trinitarians are one god short of a Godhead.

Love

Wobble

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Is understanding of the Trinity doctrine essential for salvation? Jesus told the thief, impaled along side him, that he would be with him in paradise. Do you really think the thief understood whether or not Jesus was part of a Trinity?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

People line up on different sides of this debate based upon assumptions.

If you believe the Bible to be a unified, cohesive, and noncontradictory then you will take the position that the trinity is either 'right' or 'wrong'. If wrong, another system will be put forward as the correct one.

Yet, if you throw out that assumption you are left with something more complicated (and realistic). A series of books that may not necessarily agree with each other. The idea of a single cohesive theory melts away, and you are left to realize that the Bible speaks less about modern theologial debates than we think it does.

• designs
    designs

No, he may have been of Jewish ancestry, but not a very observant or practicing Jew.

The observation of history is that some of the Christian communities sought to coherer and form politicial and social power bases in order to survive. Those groups quickly turned to intolerance, violence and murder. Murder by the 100's of millions over the centuries.

Some one quoted Voltaire recently, and I paraphrase 'absurd beliefs produce absurd actions'. The early Bishops conceived of a god who would harm people in the afterlife, what a gateway drug to humans seeking harm to others. They christened themselves the arm of god on earth and killed innocents by the millions.

By any metric of ethics they make the sins of the Society, and those sins are valid, a speck in comparison to these so called Christians of the Trinitarian persuasion who are like jihadists.

They took the good name of a young Jew and tried to ruin it. Thank God for the brave men and women who stood up against it over the centuries.

• parakeet
    parakeet

wobble: I think god is a Quaternity, not just a trinity.

Why stop at four? Why not include the animals, the planets, the sun, moon, and stars? Maybe "God" is a gazillion-ity.

Do you know what you have when you believe the divine exists everywhere?

Buddhism.

• designs
    designs

Parakeet that really is the Oooopsie about this theory, as they developed this idea of hypostatic union along with omnipresence any observer quickly realizes...everything is god!

You may now sip your morning coffee in peace.....

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Come on everyone, let us reason on the Trinity Doctrine using the Bible!

Undisfellowshipped,

I did this some time ago and put some thoughts together here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmalik/beytrin.htm

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit