Ladies: How do I get her to stop flirting without being mean?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Why would you say "regretfully?"

Because of this:

Ladies, how do I make her stop without being mean?

If he says "regretfully" with the right inflection, I guarantee you, she'll get it.

You don't know a lot about women, do you?

Sylvia

• xeracia
    xeracia

Finally-free makes a good point. Try telling her that you don't date people you work with. And being honest saying that she isn't your type could work too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

How to Cope With a Flirtatious Co Worker

Don't you just hate it when you have to go to work everyday and deal with that ever so flirtatious co-worker? After reading this how-to you will have the knowledge to stop this flirtatious behavior.

Ads by Google

10 Flirting Tips
    Flirting Tips To Attract A Man. The Hottest Relationship Advice!
    www.LifeScript.com
    How To Flirt With Men
    Find Out Exactly What To Say Secrets of Flirting With Any Man
    FlirtWithMen.com
    14 Free Flirting Lines
    Lines Tested by PhD Expert. Take Quiz & Get 14 Lines Free.
    AlphaMalePlanner.com/The_Quiz
    Single? Looking for Love?
    Meet Millions of Singles Today Free Sign Up - No CC Required
    Mate1.com/

Hide these ads

[edit] Steps

1. Think. You might intially think that the flirtatious behavior is flattering, but do you really want to pursue this? Most likely not!
    2. Act fast. As soon as the flirting behavior starts, make it stop. Doing nothing about the flirtatious behavior is like telling them you enjoy the extra attention. If nothing is done, the flirter will continue this sort of behavior.
    3. Diffuse the situation with humor. When you are with a group of co-workers, make a joke about the flirter's behavior. This not only tells other workers about your situation, but it will also embarrass your flirter. This light embarrassment will likely cause your flirter to stop.
    4. Be honest. Speak with your flirtatious co-worker face to face. Clearly state that you don't enjoy the attention and you wish for it to stop immediately.
    5. Complain. As a last resort only, speak with your immediate supervisor who will promptly deal with your complaint. Be sure to explain what has been happening and how it makes you feel uncomfortable. But remember this is a last resort, most of the time when someone flirts with you that means they like who you are. This is not as bad as it may seem.
    6. Move on. You may feel slightly awkward after the flirtatious co-worker has been spoken to by your supervisor, just try to move on and continue with your regular work routine. Things will begin to continue as normal. http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-a-Flirtatious-Co-Worker

Sounds reasonable, it might work.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Just tell her sister I am going to give it to you good and hard, if you don’t leave me alone you big silly.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I would talk about your girlfriend a lot.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Sometimes you have to be mean- some people just do not get it otherwise.

• garyneal
    garyneal

True story:

I had just gotten out of a relationship with a girl after being with her for four years. I was a bit down and my mom suggested I try the local singles line to maybe find someone to hang out with, etc.. I relunctantly tried it and wound up connecting with some real needy, clingy girl. Never met her face to face before but she seemed to be VERY interested in meeting with me. She just seemed so off somehow and I knew that I would not even want to meet this chick at all, let alone date her.

So I tried telling her how ugly I was. I told her that my face was full of zits and I had these thick thick pop bottle like glasses, thinking it would turn her off. Instead, she recommended I get some face cream and contacts. Seriously, I tried ignoring her calls and this chick tried calling me between 10 to 20 times on the phone in one hour. I had to do something.

Since I never met her in person, I decided to go up the road to a pay phone. I called her, put on my best gay sounding voice, and told her that my name was Michael and that I was Gary's gay lover. I asked her why was she phoning my man and politely told her to stop calling him because I loved him and wanted to work things out with him. Etc....

This chick tried to befriend 'Michael.' No lie. She even asked if 'Michael' had the operation and I told her yes. She asked Michael to explain what it was like. Quoting from the talk shows of transexuals, I told her how I (Michael) had to take hormone pills and live life for a year as a woman. This to ensure that I really wanted to go through with it. Finally, I politely ended the conversation and wished her well.

The phone calls from this chick ceased.

• Nowman
    Nowman

You could tell her "loose lips sink ships"

I would just tell her like it is, I am a women, no it does not make you "feel" good, but geez if shes secure enough, she will get over it. If she does not, then she will just keep making a fool of herself, its really all on her.

Nikki

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Garyneal, that is priceless! I don't think I could have pulled it off without choking to death on my own laughter.

W

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Punch her in the arm, hard!

Oh wait, that's what you do if you like a girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit