Ladies: How do I get her to stop flirting without being mean?

by Elsewhere 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is this girl at work who has been making it painfully obvious that she's interested, however I'm not interested in her. (She is waaaay too clingy and she talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and never shuts up.)

So far I'm just acting as though I'm not seeing any of the "making of eyes", "any excuse to talk" or other general flirting.

Ladies, how do I make her stop without being mean?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Comment Removed, I'm not a lady.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Get her alone, look her squarely in the face, and say, "I notice that you seem interested, but regretfully, I have a girlfriend, already."

Sylvia

• nelly136
    nelly136

tell her in passing conversation that you cant stand clingons that go on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

• dinah
    dinah

Sounds like she may be a little dense. Ignoring her should work. If not, you may have to just be blunt. Maybe just stay too busy to talk to her?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Get her alone, look her squarely in the face, and say, "I notice that you seem interested, but regretfully, I have a girlfriend, already."
    Sylvia

Why would you say "regretfully?" That leaves an indication that he would be interested if he didn't have a girlfriend.

The kindest thing to say is simply "I'm not intersted in you," out of earshot of others. That is honest, not condescending, and shows respect for her.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Avoid her as much as possible. Giving her any attention at all will only encourage someone like that.

Then, you could just tell her about the love of your life. I don't know, do you have one?

• yknot
    yknot

....or if you aren't really comfortable with the direct approach.....

Why not hit her up for some 'advice' of which type of flowers a woman prefers for you GF....(or if you wanna be 'naughty' your many different GFs)

This way she knows you are 'taken'

Make sure to thank her for advice and how much you appreciate her being available, you feel like she is a trusted 'sister'.........

• minimus
    minimus

No lady here but I'll give you my 2 cents.

Tell her you don't like girls. That'll do it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm no lady but I'll comment anyway. First of all, I would never play where I work. Those parts of my life must be separate.

If I want anyone out of my face I just start talking about things that interst me, like my bird, my home renovations, or my computers. It never takes more than 5 minutes for their eyes to glaze over and they'll do anything to escape. Do this a few times and she'll lose all interest. If she's still interested after that she's probably a psycho stalker, and you should be very, very afraid.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit