Assembly Parts NEVER made sense to me....!!!!

by babygirl30 33 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

This is and always has been one of my biggest gripes: assembly parts/experiences. Not 1....EVER......E-V-E-R was even remotely relatable to me. Now i have traveled all over the place (and to other countries) and I have sat amongst rich and poor JWs, suburbanites and urbanites, siddity folks and straight 'hood'.....and not 1 assembly experience made me sit up in my seat and say "WOW - that's just like ME!"

1. Inevitably, there is always some young sister on the platform sharing her 'blessings from Jehovah' because she refrained from smoking a cigarette or she turned down a date. Yet she always managed to find 1 fellow classmate willing to study the Bible with her. Turned down a cigarette? Um...I went to an inner city school - those kids were smokin GRASS sweetheart. They would've ripped the pages OUT the Bible and rolled them into blunts!! Cigs are NOTHING where I came from. Oh...and lets pat this sis on the back cause she said "NO" to A DATE. That must make me a skank cause I was turnin down grown MEN since I was 12 (and grew breasts) and have had classmates, workmates, strangers ont he street driving by - offering to screw me every which way but Sunday - so A DATE would actually be flattering to ME.

2. Then there is the young brother who swear off 'dating' because he wants to pursue "spiritual goals"....so once THAT falls from his mouth, ALL the young sisters go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" and you can hear it in a crowd of thousands! Then he talks about not going to college, not getting involved in basketball even though it's something he LOVES, and how he wants to go to MTS and then become a CO someday - blah blah blah. Again, let's pat HIM on the back for being such a standup guy....but what he DOESN"T tell you is that the reason he isn't dating is cause he's unattractive, socially inept, and is a mamma's boy - so NO self respecting sister even wants to bother with him. Turn down college? WHY...where does he plan to work? Is Jehovah gonna send him a monthly check he can take to Wachovia and pay his bills with? Oh that's right - NO! And his lil basketball game he soooo loves but is not as important as field service? Uh-huh, I could outshoot him and I'm a GIRL! (3-pointers, nothin but NET baby!!!! ) Of course when this same brother doesn't have a car because he can't afford one due to NOT getting and education and working only PT AND he still lives with his mother ....HOW does that apply to me? WHY would I want to be interested in a brother like that?

3. Lastly, the 'couple' that is just soooooooooo happy to be serving Jehovah together...got married at 18, they both want to quit their jobs, work cleaning houses, and become missionary couples. WOW!!! Everyone claps... loudly...and they continue telling their little story.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I just had to comment on this one. Absolutely dead-on. Every part always made me think, "Are these people actually human? What's really going on beneath the skin?" I always thought, with some of those experiences, that these people had unbelievable emotional problems that were almost emanating from them right there on the platform. I could just feel it. And I always wondered, how the shell do they expect us to be like them?

Oh, there was a really dumb one about a guy who turned down a football scholarship. My first thought was, is it likely he could be offered a football scholarship without having played for a football team at some point? Maybe, but he didn't look like FSU would just pull up and offer him a scholarship without seeing him play. Felt like part of that story was being concealed--even my bro, who is hard-core Borg, noticed that!

Anyway, yeah--the parts just seem so cloned. The more I understood mind control, the more I got it. Robotics truly is our field of study.

SD-7

• cantleave
    cantleave

The weirdest I heard was a couple of years back at Bournemouth District Convention.

We were told about a guy who lived on the Isle of Wight (an Island off the South Coast of England) and commuted each day to London, in order to work in city (this is approx a 3hr commute each way) where he was obviously earning big bucks in finance. He was an appointed man (an Elder from what I recall) and despite his self imposed stupid daily commute he never missed meetings, and took the lead in weekend FS.

Everyone I spoke to asked why was he used as an example? What sort of quality time could he possible be giving his family. He could move off the Island and move nearer to work or find a job nearer to home. So we were expected to see his stupidity and putting family behind career and congregation as an fine example.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

babygirl - you nailed it!!!!

How many times I sat in the audience totally bewildered. A full ride to Harvard??? WOW! and you turned it down to marry Mr. disgusting with the big ass and little hands and undersized head? and all you want is to clean houses and breed babies and serve your God and your congregation? oh.... and you are happier than anyone you know?? You never took the SAT or ACT and oh yes, you quit high school at 16 to get married. Now how is it that Harvard offered you a full scholarship?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s my experience the storys are rewritten..

To the satisfaction of the WBT$..

By the time it gets to the Assembly platform..

The story is nothing like what actually happened..

The WBT$ wants the story,they want..

They never let the truth of the original story,interfere with that..

................... ...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe
    WHY would I want to be interested in a brother like that?

Well, what kind of "brother" are you interested in?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

careful, John Doe's nickname is 'Butt Sunday'.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    1. Inevitably, there is always some young sister on the platform sharing her 'blessings from Jehovah' because she refrained from smoking a cigarette or she turned down a date. Yet she always managed to find 1 fellow classmate willing to study the Bible with her. Turned down a cigarette? Um...I went to an inner city school - those kids were smokin GRASS sweetheart. They would've ripped the pages OUT the Bible and rolled them into blunts!! Cigs are NOTHING where I came from. Oh...and lets pat this sis on the back cause she said "NO" to A DATE. That must make me a skank cause I was turnin down grown MEN since I was 12 (and grew breasts) and have had classmates, workmates, strangers ont he street driving by - offering to screw me every which way but Sunday - so A DATE would actually be flattering to ME.

LOL! Were you at my assembly with the young sis next to me who said this? (and may I say, for her 15, me 15 at the time, she had da goods....)

2. Then there is the young brother who swear off 'dating' because he wants to pursue "spiritual goals"....so once THAT falls from his mouth, ALL the young sisters go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" and you can hear it in a crowd of thousands! Then he talks about not going to college, not getting involved in basketball even though it's something he LOVES, and how he wants to go to MTS and then become a CO someday - blah blah blah. Again, let's pat HIM on the back for being such a standup guy....but what he DOESN"T tell you is that the reason he isn't dating is cause he's unattractive, socially inept, and is a mamma's boy - so NO self respecting sister even wants to bother with him. Turn down college? WHY...where does he plan to work? Is Jehovah gonna send him a monthly check he can take to Wachovia and pay his bills with? Oh that's right - NO! And his lil basketball game he soooo loves but is not as important as field service? Uh-huh, I could outshoot him and I'm a GIRL! (3-pointers, nothin but NET baby!!!! ) Of course when this same brother doesn't have a car because he can't afford one due to NOT getting and education and working only PT AND he still lives with his mother ....HOW does that apply to me? WHY would I want to be interested in a brother like that?

Well, I did say I would stay single.... but then I got married at 19, leading to....

3. Lastly, the 'couple' that is just soooooooooo happy to be serving Jehovah together...got married at 18, they both want to quit their jobs, work cleaning houses, and become missionary couples. WOW!!! Everyone claps... loudly...and they continue telling their little story.

LOL! You HAD to have been at this assembly... To bad our dreams came true....

• John Doe
    John Doe
    careful, John Doe's nickname is 'Butt Sunday'.

Hey, shut up dinky!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I never could figure it out. How one can be happy giving up opportunities for a better life to serve the WTS. But I guess it is all how one looks at it.

I remember elderly couples getting on the stage and telling how happy they were by sacrificing everything to serve the WTS. But many of them were ex-military so they draw Social Security and Military benefits. Therefore they were not starving or medically in financial need. But young ones being sucked into this will be surprised when they get older and not have military retirement and health benefits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit