Armagedden Suitcase

by Magwitch 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

hey isn't there a scripture that says somthing like, when the end comes stay in your house and pray???

about the lists of names and addresses of brothers, i wonder how that wouls work in this day of bebo, facebook, twitter, etc etc etc???

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

highdose marvellous idea - an armageddon twitter. - everyone must join and updates are posted often.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Have only read the first few comments so far, but I wanted to say that in my area this has been done for many years. In fact, most families actually bought a huge bin and filled it with cans of food, water bottles and first aid kits. The brothers also said to include flashlights, wind up ones that don't need batteries, and things like that. The idea was that the bin could literally be wheeled out, in case you can't escape by car. I'm not joking, this is for real. My family never could get a bin together, as we just didn't have the funds to buy extra food each week on top of the usual groceries. In cases like that, the brothers announced from the platform that ones who could afford to buy more, should. That way they can share with others.

Honestly, I've known witnesses in the US, UK and Australia who've been collecting like this for years.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Just to add, I know several older sisters who have packed clothes, and lots of toilet paper, tooth brushes and things like that. I also heard about not writing down brothers names and addresses. I think it's become a bit lax in recent years, but am sure that as time goes on, they will make an announcement saying don't write details down.

About the literature in walls, wasn't this done during the war and especially in countries where witnesses were put in jail/killed? I've heard stories of how police would search witness homes, and the WT or publications would be hidden in the stitching of curtains, or sometimes sitting on a table having no time to hide it, and the police would be 'blinded' into not seeing or finding things. Has anyone else heard of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit