Armagedden Suitcase

by Magwitch 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blithe Freshman
  • Casper
    Casper

Memorize each other's phone numbers and addresses so the Nazis couldn't find a written list.

I remember this, we also were told NOT to keep a telephone book with the Brother's phone numbers and addresses in it. In the event our house was raided and they found the book, we would be responsible for the other brothers being found out.

Being fairly new at the time, I asked about stocking up and being prepared. I was told there was no need, as it would more than likely be taken away from me.

Way to make a new convert feel like "WTF, have I gotten into?"

Cas

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

erm. how will there be a '5 minute warning' ? surely it will take longer than that to phone everyone. especially now the groups are disbanded. what if your mobile is out of signal. or email is down?

LOL

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

erm. how will there be a '5 minute warning' ? surely it will take longer than that to phone everyone. especially now the groups are disbanded. what if your mobile is out of signal. or email is down?

LOL

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

and why do you need a suitcase? the birds and the flowers dont need them..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Nancy, I just do not know if we should be doing that until we hear it in the Kingdom Ministry"

I am sure that Magwich's father has the attitude that would be favoured by Brooklyn...They do not like people running ahead of them...Really this is sad. It is an attempt to make it more real at a time when the clock is ticking by , dubs are getting older and older, and despite the crazy things happening in the world - No sign of Armageddon! So every time they look at the suitcase, it will seem closer. Like people who are really looking forward to a holiday that they booked early in Winter, they may keep looking at the booking form to remind and inspire them...Except that this trip never materializes , it has no departure date.

What would I add to the packing list? A BIG jar of decent coffee...

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

The first thing I would do is make sure my stash secure. It’s amazing when I think how many of my friends and family used to weigh every thought and action on what a cheaply made little paper that reminded me of the “Weekly Reader” the wonderful little “Our Kingdom Ministry” and it’s stupid inserts. What a bunch of Zipper Heads.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How will the Great Tribulation be announced?

Will it interrupt my favorite broadcast with announcer from Emergency broadcast system? Will they still be calling it the Great Tribulation...or will it be going by another name?

Will they sound the tornado airhorns in the community?

How will we know when it starts?

• Quandry
    Quandry

With only five minutes....they can quickly get to their neighborhood book study location....

oh, wait....they don't have book studies in homes anymore.....

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    lol evera, thats very considerate of the mormons to stock their basements out for the after amagonnagettum jw house hunters/looters.

That was funny.

I remember having a bag packed for when I went into labor. Then when it was time to go to the hospital, the last thing on my mind was that stupid bag.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit