What's the worst you ever experienced while preaching?

by Newborn 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

There was the time a young man sprayed mace at a pioneer sister and me - - supposedly it was mace, and it didn't hit our faces. But, it sure scared us! Then there was the time a circuit overseer was unkind to me. For some reason I was the only sister who went out in service that day. There were two brothers as well as the circuit overseer out in service. When we got to the territory the overseer told the brothers to work together and that he would work house over house with them. Then he wheeled quickly around and pointed across the street and told me to work that block. The whole block! By myself. So, with my tail tucked between my legs I meeklly and oh, so mildly went across the street and tried to work the block alone. I don't think I would let anyone treat me like that these days, but back then I didn't think i had a choice. Besides, I was just so timid then. Now I think the guy was being a jerk. I know there were sisters he would have been happy to work with, to support and encourage, but I guess I just wasn't one of those popular sisters or pioneers. My husband and I both could have used encouragement. Eventually things worked out well for my husband. He became an elder. However, I wish with all my heart and soul that I had never tried to get him to study with the Witnesses. Boy, oh, boy, do I ever! He really got hooked in! I am so glad I am out of that cult! Anyway, i don't know why the cicrcuit overseer treated me like dirt. I just wish that then I'd had the self-confidence and self-esteem that I have now. I could have stood up for myself somehow or gone across the street and asked a householder to call a cab for me, so that I could leave. Then I could have waved bye-bye when the taxi drove past the circuit overseer. Everybody - - EVERYBODY should be treated with dignity and respect. I didn't know I'd be the only sister who showed up for service. I don't know what the overseer's deal was, but what a turkey!

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

1) I walked up a driveway that was freshly blacktoped and sealed and left footprints all over it. After the lady yelled at me I said, "So you don't want any magazines?" She replied, "GET OUT AND DONT WALK IN MY DRIVE WAY!"

2) I heard of a story where a small dog kept jumping up and down on a dub selling WT's and Awake's. While waiting for a response from knocking on the door the dog kept jumping on this guy. So he rolled up the magazines and swatted the dog. The dog then dropped dead!! So the dub quickly stuffs the dog in his breifcase and then the homeowner opens the door and he gives his presentation and sells the WT and AWAKE. The following week he returns to the house and the homeowner asks him, "Have you seen my dog, the last time I saw it was when you were here." The dub replied "No, I haven't seen it."

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Parakeet said, "The worst thing I experienced while preaching was the preaching."

I gotta say, same here...that was the worst. And it got worse all the time. Finally, I couldn't go in service anymore. Just too ucky.

Glad it worked out that way, though.

ESTEE

• jam
    jam

The congregation I attend in the 70.s, our territory included the area around JPL or the Jet propulsion Lab.

A area near the facility are the homes for many that work at JPL.Fashionable homes.The magazine for

that day was something to do with How the world or universe was made. As we approach the home

there was a gentleman working in his front yard, I open the gate , step over to where he was working

in his flower garden. I begain my presentation.He inform me that he work at JPL and had or was working

on many of the space program. So as I begain to explain to him my expertise on how the universe was

made and how it works today, he stood up, place his arms behind me , politely walk us to his front gate

at the same time agreeing on what I was saying. Before I realizing what had happen I was standing outside

his gate and he smile walk away without saying A word. I am sure he thought I was A nut case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit