What's the worst you ever experienced while preaching?

by Newborn 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

I was once threatened with a rifle

That was scary...but hey...what didn't we suffer for the good news

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was selling the WT and Awake to a lady at her front door and her skillet with bacon and eggs caught on fire and nearly burned down her house.

• asilentone
    asilentone

When I was a little boy, a doberman pulled my pants down. I was not bitten because the owner told him to stop.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i had a pair of hand made leather shoes ruined by putting a tear in the leather becuase it caught a screw under the seat of the car i was in while in field service. if i knew i was riding in that car, i would have stayed home that morning.

and i had someone threaten to kill me. but the shoes bothered me more.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

The nazi car group leader wouldn't let us take a break. EVER.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I once ran into two cuties from high school who giggled and made out while I tried to talk... In front of my MOTHER... Oh boy if only I had been at THAT door alone!!!

(I might even have started my first study!!!)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I was out on my own some years back , knocked on the door of a strange looking guy, never thought too much of it, until I saw the news the following day and the same guy I'd called on was found out to be a axe/chainsaw/acid bath serial killer who had 59 bodies buried in his garden, I was just about to be number 60! When the Police told me in questioning the killer and why he did not make Mr Jookbeard number 60 his reply was "not with those 2 big guys that were with him". Wasn't I lucky ? it must have been the Angels!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    it must have been the Angels!

Yup. They took some time off in between doing security for the Stones and the Doors conventions.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

When I was about 7 or 8, I was at a door with my mom. It was freezing cold and we were at this guy's door for what seemed liked an hour at the time. He wasn't interested, he was just being argumentative. Back in the 80's JWs never backed down from that.

After a while my feet started to hurt because of the cold so I started to shift and bounce a bit to ease the pain. After noticing how cold I was the householder told my mom that she should be ashamed of herself for bringing such a young kid out in these temperatures. When we left the house my mom told me off for not hiding the fact that my feet were frost bitten. She started telling me stories about brothers in concentration camps that endured the pain. What a dufus my mom was when it came to the "truth".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    When the Police told me in questioning the killer and why he did not make Mr Jookbeard number 60 his reply was "not with those 2 big guys that were with him". Wasn't I lucky ? it must have been the Angels!

Shit, that was you??? And all these years I thought that story was a JW urban legand! That's it! I'm going back to the cult!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit