Suing Parents for Cult Indoctrination

by jeanniebeanz 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Have it on TV and let the megalomaniac self-righteous bitch judge Judy preside, now that would be interesting, or perhaps judge Millian would take the case in the "People's Court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH57MnJIjkc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDVmx5zdyk

• frankiespeakin
  • rebel8
    rebel8

jeanne, I don't know anything about you/what you're thinking/what you're planning. My comments are about the 8392704893265 previous threads on this topic here.

It is free and confidential to submit your case to a liability attorney, and it takes only moments. It is only as far away as your telephone or Internet connection. There is literally nothing to lose from doing so and no reason not to.

So if your question was if anyone has ever done so, to my knowledge, no. I have only seen people loving to talk about doing so as a revenge fantasy, and unwillingness to take the next step for fear the fantasy will disappear.

I would encourage people to Google liability attorneys and submit their cases.

I don't think the revenge fantasy discussions are emotionally healthy.

IMHO

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No... I had no intention of doing so... there is no point and, in my mind, such a case would lead to more frustration and heartache for people already damaged. My question sprang from not ever having seen a discussion here on this topic.

Thank you, Germanxjw. I will check out the link you posted.

(edited to add: The Vivien Krogmann Lutz case seemed to be more about abusive treatment (manual labor, poor food) than religion since she won on the basis of damaged health'. The religion seemed to be a side point, but an interesting case, none the less. Thanks again for the link. )

It's interesting that the simple act of asking a question could spark such emotional responses and lead people to assume that I had malicious intent. The subject must be taboo... which is strange on a discussion board.

Thanks to everyone who posted a respectful, thoughtful response to my question.

Jean

(P.S. Rebel, could you please send me a link to one of the "8392704893265 previous threads" that seem to have made such an impression on you? I do not see them...)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jeanie,

I hope my posts aren't interpreted as mean, just funny. I did think it very comical that one would take their parents to court over religious instructions(indoctrinated) received because of their parents belief structure and so I posted two of my favorite Judges I like to make fun of,, along with some rather rare court room occurrences. I suppose you can tell I don't look to highly on some judges especially the TV show ones that border on insanity. I in no imply that you are thinking of doing such things. I do feel parents would suffer greatly, for the fact that they are victims too, and therefore would decide against it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hey, Frankie. I did not take offense at your posts at all. No worries. And, you're right, TV show judges are pretty 'out there'. :)

Jean

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm not inclined to do a search and post links, but then again I imagine your request for links was not so much a request but rather a statement of disbelief that the topic has been discussed here.

It does get brought up regularly, and there's even a blog set up just to discuss it. Last I knew, which was maybe a month ago, the person who set up the blog had never looked into the legal basis for a lawsuit and consistently fails to respond to questions about strategy. I suspect that's because there is no strategy.

You having missed it probably means you are not here that often, which is a good thing. It was not an insult, though I wonder if you may have taken it that way. I was just answering your question.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No... I was not insulted... and you're right... I'm not here regularly and have only recently returned to posting. The search feature yields spotty results. I asked in case you had saved one of the links since the topic seemed to make an impression on you from before... folks often do save some favorite threads for easy future reference. Do you have the addy for the blog? I was seriously hoping to see the subject discussed.

I appreciate your responses.

Jean

• White Dove
    White Dove

I never heard of it except in cases of actual neglect and abuse.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I think the first criteria is that they have lots of money otherwise what's the use? I think that most JWs parents don't have more than a pot to piss in and very little savings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit