Suing Parents for Cult Indoctrination

by jeanniebeanz 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

How would the court define, "Cult" Indoctrination?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That is really an excellent question!

J

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DD,

I'd know perhaps they could look it up in the dictionary or use Wikipedia?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think the government would fear coming up with an official, rigid definition for cult. To define it to narrowly would make the definition useless in terms of the law because it would not allow the legal system enough room to maneuver. To define it to broadly would make all religions cultish in some way since many religions contain some aspects within their doctrine that would put them on the list in one way or the other.

It's a catch 22... but it only takes one case being won to change everything.

J

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The State is very cautious when it comes to religion and beliefs indoctrination. They might go after the religion if it is threatening it's own stability or doing something overtly wrong like hiding child abusers, but religious beliefs indoctrination there is no law against as far as I know as this would infringe on religious freedom guaranteed by the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

• asilentone
    asilentone

I think it is a good idea to sue my Parents, but I would not do it right now since I will be receiving their inheritance from them when they pass away, I would not take that idea off the table, right now, it is not a good time for me to start thinking about it. They are good people, but they are brainwashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit