According to bookstudy, it's ok to beat wife.....occassionally

by JWinprotest 110 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Wow. A person who hits a woman will do it again. These people are deranged.

• blondie
    blondie

I was bad the first time we studied this. I come from a family of abuse and so I asked at the book study, "How many times then can a husband hit his wife?" Silence..... "Would once be extreme? How many brothers here think that hitting their wife even once is what Jesus would have done?" Silence....then "Ah, Sister Blondie, a brother should not even hit his wife once." Blondie, "Oh, then extreme means even hitting her once?" Silence, change subject. I didn't even have them approach me afterwards. Several sisters did and said, Atta Blondie.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good post JWinprotest.

The absurdity of needing to wait until you are positive that your life/safety is in absolute danger was not lost on my wife.

"Abuse is never a one time event."

http://www.domesticviolence.org

om

• mouthy
    mouthy

In 1972 The elders told ME I had to stay with my hubby who beat me.
    Because I may win him over... They also said I was very fortunate as
    many Brothers were beaten for Jehovah in prisons ( not going to war)
    So Jehovah is allowing ME to be free to still attend meetings, preach
    door to door.. So I was blessed. YEAH!!!!!! I swallowed that garbage

BUT I have to tell you my LOVE for my hubby DID win him over,I looked
    after him all the time he was dying,( I was still a JW) missed meetings
    never went on service ,because I devoted my time to him.
    So my hubby began to see me as an angel, told me he believed I had truth
    because of my LOVE!!!!!
    So you see it wasnt the ORG that was directing me it was the GOD of love
    because that is all we were "WE three" me, Frank, Jesus" NO meetings,service,
    bro's sisters, So it is nothing new to teach "BEAT THE OLD LADY TILL SHE SUBMITS!!!!!

ORDERS FROM CROOKLYN!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Does this factor in mental abuse?

• undercover
    undercover
    He encouraged women to stay with their husbands in such circumstances so that they could be "won without a word".

I knew a sister that did this. Her "worldly" husband abused her. He was horrible. But she endured it...all in trying to "win" him over by her attitude and conduct.

Now, here's the kicker...

He didn't physically abuse her, he mentally and emotionally abused her. Yelling, screaming, locking her out of the house, throwing her WT books away, refusing her use of the car, berating her for being stupid and gullible. He never hit her, but he abused her nonetheless. I remember my parents coming to her aid more than a few times. She had a nervous breakdown at one point, she was so abused.

And us dumbfucks at the hall praised her for her steadfastness. While we were patting her on the back, her husband was breaking her spirit and her mind. We should have helped her leave the bastard instead of encouraging her to endure the abuse.

Abuse is abuse, whether it's one time or many times...whether it's physical or otherwise.

• mouthy
    mouthy

AMEN

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Where in the world do they get that the Bible say that it's ok to hit your wife?!?! That goes against everything the Bible teaches about showing love and respect to each other! That's ridiculous.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

1 Pet 3:7 "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered."

• AGuest
    AGuest

When I was "in" and my ex was becoming a "good" JW, he expressed exasperation to the PO studying with him that I... well, "had too much mouth" for him sometime (what sistah doesn't? LOLOLOLOL!) because I didn't just sit and play that whole "I'm the head; be in subjection, woman!" melarkely without telling him, "Hey, wait, c'mon now... THAT'S not "loving [me] as you love your own body." (Sorry, but I don't "do" hypocrisy very well.)

Anyway... the ex said something to the point of "Makes me wanna smack her, sometimes..." to which Brother PO responds... and I am NOT lying, cause the ex told me that it even floored HIM: "Well, you know, brother, sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, sometimes you have to keep a woman 'in her place.' I had to do that several times early in my marriage." [He was married... 40+ years... to one of the meanest "non-believing" wives I'd ever met. Note, she was NEVER mean to ME - ]

Well, it backfired. Rather than the ex going, "Hey, yeah, maybe I need to do that," HE said: "Whoa, wait a minute, somethin's wrong, there, Shel. I mean, yeah, sure, I might wanna smack ya, but I NEVER expected them to tell me it was okay!! Even I know it ain't okay!! I was just sayin'...!!"

Well, although the ex did eventually get baptized ... it was total fluke! He HATED the JWs (and left soon after I did)... and never failed to tell me that. But he believed them to be (1) fraudes, and (2) a bunch of "marks" he could take advantage of. And so he did. Big time. The WHOLE time. (One of the reasons I lost my respect for HIM.) And they let him. Indeed, they LOVED it!! (He was/is pretty good looking so they didn't care what he DID... so long as he stayed in their Hall - ) Had to let 'em all go... he and them. But they truly deserved each other, IMHO.

Anyway... peace to all... and ladies, don't EVER let ANYONE smack you around. If you have children, you owe your daughters... AND YOUR SONS... much more than that! If you don't have children... you owe YOURSELF at least that!

Okay, I'll jump down, now...

SA, a slave of Christ who cannot... WILL NOT... just sit and take this kind of thinking...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Shelby, you're a hot mess!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit