There's A Ghost At My Place Of Employment

by finallysomepride 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

There is over 150 years of research into survival of physical death and communication with people who it is claimed have passed that boundary. Some of it by the finest minds of their day eg Sir Oliver Lodge, Sir William Crookes. There is a great deal of documented testimony for famous mediums such as Alec Harris and Leslie Flint. Anyone curious about this subject would find such works of great interest. I have spent the last five years considering some of the best recorded testimony and it is very persuasive. Having said that, despite all of this I have not (at least as yet) been able to witness the phenomena reported upon by some of these eminent scientists. I think to be convinced of this, one needs to have a direct, unequivocal personal experience. Especially these days it is so easy to fake evidence through video, I would find it difficult to be able to have much confidence in a you-tube clip unless I could be entirely sure of its provenance and of the characters of all the people involved in its production.

Oldseeker knows what he saw. Who am I to deny it? I may ask questions to determine more detail but at the end of the day I would be basing my belief on the word of someone I do not know and about whose powers of observation and rationality I know nothing (no offence intended). The word is prefer to use is "knowledge" rather than "belief" in this context. Those who have observed phenomena in circumstances under which no fraud or misunderstanding is possible, or is a least highly unlikely "know" the truth of what they are saying. Those who have not, including myself, cannot "know" this. The most I can do is remain open-minded until such personal evidence comes my way (or not as the case may be).

As a final observation, I defy anyone who has read some of the major investigations carried out over the last century or so do dismiss such phenomena out of hand.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    So which part of my simple statement are you too stupid to comprehend?

Okay, "pal", I'm not the one who has a couple of birds as companions, speaking of stupid.

Secondly, you MIGHT be able to comprehend GromitSK's comment, but it may contain too much common sense for you.

Judge Dread

• John Doe
    John Doe

Forget ghosts. Who has seen Leprachauns and the furry booted snow eagle?

• undercover
    undercover
    Who has seen Leprachauns...

I've seen em on TV...

There's one that keeps fussing about someone stealing his Lucky Charms as if they're magically delicious or sumthin...

I mean, it has to be true...I saw it on TV

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger elected Governor of California on TV and I still can't believe that.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

If someone really had verifiable evidence of paranormal activity--why wouldn't they just take the Randi Foundation up on its offer and collect the million dollars? See http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

To me, it's pretty telling that the million bucks are still there.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ha good post topic... I currently have little debates about this with my fiance. I beleive that there are spirit creatures both good and bad (demons and angels). My fiance believes there are angels, demons or "intelligent spirits", or ghostly humans stuck in a relm beyond what we see but that are among us. We watch TAPS, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Lab, and Destination Truth... We are both interested in the paranormal world. Don't understand it but still interesting to see.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The ones that i saw, randi added some additional sneaky element that was desiged to trick the person being tested. In other words, his challenge isn't fair.

S

• undercover
    undercover

Olin Moyles Ghost said:

If someone really had verifiable evidence of paranormal activity--why wouldn't they just take the Randi Foundation up on its offer and collect the million dollars? See http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

To me, it's pretty telling that the million bucks are still there.

What a conundrum this presents...

A ghost testifying that evidence for paranormal activity doesn't exist..

How can we accept this? If OMG doesn't actually exist?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

If you look at the terms of Randi's offer you will see that one of the requirements is that a person has agree that their purported ability is not genuine as a condition of entry. Perhaps people don't enter it because it is not a genuine offer - why not do some research - "Is there and afterlife" - David Fontana, or Leslie Flint's biography or Oliver Lodge's research - you could start with "Raymond" if you were genuinely interested. I think you will be surprised as the amount of evidence and testimony offered by scientists of the highest repute. On the other hand you could just make fatuous ill-informed remarks :)

As an aside, there is more evidence to support survival than there is to support the JW story and many of us here fell for for that easily enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit