There's A Ghost At My Place Of Employment

by finallysomepride 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Can't we all just get along?

I know let's sing a song and dance a dance...

Who ya gonna call?? GHOSTBUSTERS!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

All I'm saying is there are too many people with too many experiences to be able to say the supernatural/paranormal don't exist.

Well, I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to say. There are too many people with supernatural experiences to say that there is no merit to their experience. However, what exactly, is the value of those experiences? What inferences can we derive from the evidence at hand? We can't say that the supernatural definitely does exist based on those experiences (for reasons discussed above), but we can say that many people have extra-ordinary, hard-to-explain experiences causing trepidation and fear.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

dp,

but we can say that many people have extra-ordinary, hard-to-explain experiences causing trepidation and fear.

We agree!!!!!!!!!!

Better go buy a lotto ticket tonight.

Judge Dread

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hi Daniel

I wasn't trying to suggest you had made any accusations . As far as the people you have met claiming such experiences - well you can only go off what you have experienced. I am sure you would accept that your experiences may not be typical. I have met flaky people and people of apparently perfectly sound presence of mind who have recounted astonishing experiences. I think it is very difficult, if not impossible, to reach certainty about survival purely based on the testimony of others no matter how eminent. Personally I need to see it for myself.

Some people do seem to have frightening experiences but as far as I can see most have very positive experiences. It appears to depend on how the experience is acquired.

To determine the range of others' experiences I found it quite an eye-opener to find out how much evidence has been accumulated by reputable people. If I talk to people who are interested, I recommend "Is There An Afterlife" by David Fontana as a general overview of some of the evidence, it is quite comprehensive and will give the newcomer some idea of the breadth of phenomena and the quality of the evidence available - I am not suggesting it will enable a person to "know", but it will give food for thought to the open-minded. I also suggest reading the autobiography of Leslie Flint ("Voices in the Dark") a medium who died in 1994. I know at least one person who sat with him many times and whom I believe to be honest and of sound mind. There is also quite a lot of information on-line about him www.leslieflint.com . His story has the ring of truth to me and he was independently tested on a number of occasions. Once a person has at least a cursory understanding of the types of phenomena and evidence available it is easier to have an informed disussion.

Hope this helps.

Apologies if I am telling you what you already know.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Mine's bigger than y'alls.

• Spook
    Spook

For people who absolutely do not want to believe, their is no legitimate evidence.

Not wanting to believe can have very little to do with not believing. I'd like very much for the world to be a more interesting place. I wish we had ghosts, magic, super powers, etc. I've loved science fiction my whole life. I have concluded that there is no science to be found in this subject, and a great deal of fiction. I would like for it to be true, but I am also cautious of developing false beliefs.

My beliefs will greatly impact my choices and priorities. Whether I believe a given ghost story or not is a relatively important question. If I believe in ghosts, I believe in the supernatural, and in turn probably the afterlife. If an afterlife exists, then it would be important to find out about that. That would be such a magical thing to me that I cannot imagine believing in the truth of supernatural claims and not dedicating myself completely to the task of pursuing answers about it. If I had reason to beleive it were true, it would be the single most important thing in my life.

I've investigated several supernatural claims quite thoroughly which i couldn't disect to my satisfaction from questioning. Two were purposeful frauds and on the third nothing happened. Unlike most, I don't really extend the olive branch on this much any more. To disprove a claim such as this is a gargantuan task.

I don't hesitate to tell people like the OP to seek medical attention, as I think she should. This doesn't mean i think they are "crazy" or "stupid." It does mean I don't think these claims should be taken seriously until someone has gotten a clean bill of mental health and has a trauma free past.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hi Spook

As far as evidence is concerned there is a great deal recorded. The type of evidence needed to convince us on a personal level seems to me to vary from individual to individual. I intend no disrespect by saying that just because your own investigations have been fruitless doesn't mean the experiences of others are not valid does it?. I refer you to the vast body of evidence gathered over the last 150 years by eminent scientists.

Who is OP by the way?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Who is OP by the way?

I believe it means "original poster".

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

I also believe in the possibility of reincarnation... *eating popcorn while watching the fight here*... Ghosts are cool...Hey, is that Lando?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Ah! Thanks FF :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit