There's A Ghost At My Place Of Employment

by finallysomepride 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Are you referring to videos I can find on Youtube?

No. There are websites you can find that deal with the things I mentioned.

Yes, but are there videos of the things I mentioned, namely "recordings, videos, etc. that have been produced by honest researchers (and not quacks or hoax creators), that have been independently verified? Has anything ever been recorded in a controlled setting, and thus having precluded any tampering with the scene?"

If you know of videos like this, please share them.

Of course, if people want to absolutely believe in the supernatural, no critical question is ever legitimate.

For people who absolutely do not want to believe, their is no legitimate evidence.

From my own experience, and obviously from other's experiences, these events happen whenever they happen.

Maybe you should go with the Ghost Hunters, or some group like that, on one of their investigations and see for yourself.

Judge Dread

Ghost hunters? Are you seriously kidding me?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Why would I be joking?

Then you could either prove that they are legit, or you could gather "evidence" that the whole thing is a giant hoax.

You don't have to go with them, I said "or some group like that".

What's the matter? Are you afraid? Afraid of things that don't exist?

Judge Dread

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I never believed in ghosts until we bought our current house. I've told the stories on other posts, so I won't go into detail. Suffice to say that I've seen and heard things that can't be explained, and so have many other people without knowing the history of our house.

• VM44
    VM44

This youtube video on "Open Mindedness" may be of interest to people reading this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think you all are full of shit.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Oldseeker - Kind of wierd that you brought this up so close to Halloween

Sorry that was never a consideration, Halloween not a big thing here in Australia & New Zealand.

JWoods - I think I met Satan himself on a sidewalk in Las Vegas. He was disguised as a card hustler.

He said to me - "come on Cowboy, take a chance - you get five cards, I only have three..."

Think I met the same guy here in Brisbane one night-LOL

• Violia
    Violia

JW's call them demons, someone else might call them ghosts , guides, spirits, angels aliens, or any number of paranormal things. I believe the spirit world exists and does make contact with some persons. I think some persons are just more tuned into them. It does not disturb me that others do not believe this.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I know an elderly couple that have been witnesses about 40yrs now, but when they were first married had 'demon attacks'. The husband would wake during the night with something on top of him, choking him. His wife would try and help him, but was pushed off. They also had plates thrown around the room, books fly off shelves etc. This went on some time, until one day they started studying and learned to 'call on the name of Jehovah'. They say that once they started that, the attacks stopped. They moved from that house and had no further trouble. Kind of eerie!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Why would I be joking?

Then you could either prove that they are legit, or you could gather "evidence" that the whole thing is a giant hoax.

You don't have to go with them, I said "or some group like that".

What's the matter? Are you afraid? Afraid of things that don't exist?

Judge Dread

The way it works in the real world is that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In your example of such above (the TV show "ghost hunters"), the following would not be met:

"recordings, videos, etc. that have been produced by honest researchers (and not quacks or hoax creators), that have been independently verified? Has anything ever been recorded in a controlled setting, and thus having precluded any tampering with the scene?"

I don't know why you want to act the fool here, unless it's just to be the contrarian to everything I say. You should know, though, that simply being a devil's advocate does not make a person more intelligent.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Like beauty, "extraordinary" is in the eye of the beholder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit